Stopped by the fuzz

racerboymx

Member +
Was driving through a certain irish town yesterday at around 6clock....:holdit: was just pulled in, wasn't speeding, checked all tax, insurance and NCT all was hunky dory then made me pop the bonnet...."clamp down on modified cars"...had to take of my eye lids in front of them at the road side, apparently i have to change my backbox even though it passed the NCT and they didn't test the decibel level which i know is way under the limit of 80 decibels "but its too loud definitely"...the dumpvalve is an illegal modification....induction kit (filter in front bumper) didn't go down to well either and they are going to make me inform my insurance company...half an hour later, a long lecture, my details taken, soaking wet i was let on my way with a warning but if they catch me again without the stuff changed my car will be seized .........:eek: Thank god i don't live anywhere near that town!!

Johnny_C

Lifer
Was driving through a certain irish town yesterday at around 6clock....:holdit: was just pulled in, wasn't speeding, checked all tax, insurance and NCT all was hunky dory then made me pop the bonnet...."clamp down on modified cars"...had to take of my eye lids in front of them at the road side, apparently i have to change my backbox even though it passed the NCT and they didn't test the decibel level which i know is way under the limit of 80 decibels "but its too loud definitely"...the dumpvalve is an illegal modification....induction kit (filter in front bumper) didn't go down to well either and they are going to make me inform my insurance company...half an hour later, a long lecture, my details taken, soaking wet i was let on my way with a warning but if they catch me again without the stuff changed my car will be seized .........:eek: Thank god i don't live anywhere near that town!!
you should of told them to get the book out with the list of illegal mods or fuck off.

racerboymx

Member +
Absolute raging my first time going through that town!! to be honest I understand declaring the filter to the insurance company because in a claim the insurance company will use it as an excuse to not pay out but the rest was a bit extreme like ripping off my eyelids there and then :mad: the life as a glanza driver will never be simple :slap:

jam35

Member +
im glad i dont live in ireland, that would drive me insane surely if your car is insured properly they cant do sod all.:flame::flame::flame::flame:

racerboymx

Member +
im glad i dont live in ireland, that would drive me insane surely if your car is insured properly they cant do sod all.:flame::flame::flame::flame:

I have been driving the car for a year and I have found in the last month or so they seem too be getting a lot tougher to deal with. Yeah i taught they would just check license, tax and insurance then away i go so had nothing to worry about but they can make your life very difficult if they want :teach:

wesgt

Lifer
don't want to say lad you just never know who is listening and i could shoot meself in the foot and have them call out to my house about my brillant journalism work :haha:

what town was it, theres nothing wrong in telling us, no one is gonna get you lol i would love to be pulled over by a gimp like that, i wouldn't have taken off the eyelids, and as for the exhaust, tell him where to go, unless he has a decibel meter there he's talking through his arse.
guards are fools mostly, i was pulled over once in an evo and i answered them back to everything they said, at the end of the day, if the car passed the test they can go f*ck themselves

racerboymx

Member +
what town was it, theres nothing wrong in telling us, no one is gonna get you lol i would love to be pulled over by a gimp like that, i wouldn't have taken off the eyelids, and as for the exhaust, tell him where to go, unless he has a decibel meter there he's talking through his arse.
guards are fools mostly, i was pulled over once in an evo and i answered them back to everything they said, at the end of the day, if the car passed the test they can go f*ck themselves

very close to your neck of the woods lad lets say not edworthstown but the next town over begins with G :haha:

gv1.3

Admin
I would have immediately asked for his name, number and station.

Then I would have asked for the name of his superior and I would tell him that if he stops me again and threatens me for no reason whilst my car is fully road legal as indicated by my NCT I will go to the garda ombudsman and open a case against him for unlawful harassment.

Its another copper on a power trip, if you let them push you around then they will.

gv1.3

Admin
true, but thats only if you are going to take it further, usually as soon as they see you are not going to take their bullshit they back off and you dont have to take it any further.

Ive gotten a lot of crap from coppers when I have driven my glanza and none of it was warranted. Pull you over for driving on a motorway in rushhour traffic at 5 mph and say you were speeding and all that shit. I find the best way of dealing with them is politeness to begin with. After I had been stopped three times in two weeks and asked to produce for no reason I told the station sgt at my local garda station that if it happened again I would be opening a formal complaint. He told me to always carry a pen and notepad in the car and if they pulled me in again immediately say to them "I have been instructed to take your name, number and station by the sgt or my local garda station as if I am asked to produce there again he will personally be following up with you to find out why you stopped me" That happened 3 times after and you should have seen how quickly they backed off.

fxk

Fresh Recruit
Ive gotten a lot of crap from coppers when I have driven my glanza and none of it was warranted. Pull you over for driving on a motorway in rushhour traffic at 5 mph and say you were speeding and all that shit. I find the best way of dealing with them is politeness to begin with. After I had been stopped three times in two weeks and asked to produce for no reason I told the station sgt at my local garda station that if it happened again I would be opening a formal complaint. He told me to always carry a pen and notepad in the car and if they pulled me in again immediately say to them "I have been instructed to take your name, number and station by the sgt or my local garda station as if I am asked to produce there again he will personally be following up with you to find out why you stopped me" That happened 3 times after and you should have seen how quickly they backed off.[/QUOTE]

Sound Piece of advice, If was an area you dont pass through too often, better be polite and laugh you ass off when he's finished. I've only come across this attitude from a guard once. Seized under what powers!! The power trip!

danb87

South East England Area Rep
you always get cops like this, 75% of them are fine, have a laugh with you an take the piss , but the other 25% are just dicks, an just live for there jobs, enjoy pissin people off.