Strange.. but true

Dar81

Lifer
Had a bit of weird one yesterday so thought I’d share it…

I’ll try and be as clear as I can because I’ve told this story a few times today and ended up confusing a couple of people..

My father phoned me last night at around 20:30 last night and asked me, in a very concerned way, if I was alright.. I said that I was fine and was in the supermarket with girlfriend buying some food on the way home from work.. He said that someone had phoned my mother saying that there was a crash and they were both very worried..

So, here’s where it gets a little strange..

My brother and his girlfriend had been over to visit my mother and father yesterday evening and left at around 20:05-ish..

At 20:10 my mother was sitting at the computer in living room and her mobile rang, which was beside her.. She picked it up and answered it and the person on the other end said “Marie, we’ve crashed”.. The line went dead, she went into absolute hysterics and ran upstairs to my father screaming that my brothers girlfriend had just phoned and said that they’d crashed.

My father then rang my brothers girlfriends phone but she had left it behind her in my parents house. A few minutes later my brother phoned my mother to ask if she had left her phone behind her and, at the same time, confirmed that the call didn’t come from them and they were both home safe and sound. She then rang my sister, who lives in the UK. She said that she was fine and it wasn’t her who phoned.

The obvious thing to do, at this stage, would be to check the call log in the phone but, bear in mind, they can just about figure out how to use the remote control so mobile phones to them, as simple as they are for average person to use, may as well be a user guide to brain surgery printed in binary.

After my brother confirmed that himself and his girlfriend were home safe and my sister confirmed that she was fine, they (finally) assume it was my girlfriend who phoned them, which is when my father called me..

Later that night I had a look at her phone to see what number the call came from but there was no call received between 17:55 and when my brother phoned at 20:25.

So, I’m thinking to myself “eh, are your SURE you got a call on your mobile?. Could it have been the landline?” Easy mistake to make given the amount of panic but she was absolutely 110% sure that it was her mobile. No doubt at all..

I work for a telecommunications company (which shall remain nameless) so I had one of the network guys run a call trace today for all calls received to her phone yesterday. The only calls received between 18:00 & 20:00 were the calls that were in her call registry on her phone.

So, the mystery of the ‘caller’ remains at large. I would have great confidence in saying my mother is of very sound mind, rarely ever drinks and never drinks at home so that's scratched off the list.. You can also rule out mind altering substances too :)

The conclusion I’m coming to is that she got really worked up about the driving conditions on the roads, with her sons out on the them and, without having her committed to an asylum, imagined the whole thing..

Anyway, just thought I’d share that with you. Maybe someone else has had a similar thing happen or would like to share their thoughts on it.

The End.

Last edited:

addz

Member +
Nice write-up.

Now that is somewhat of a patch. It will remain a mystery for now, never the less conditions out there are bad & i wouldnt blame your mother for worrying. Although was that call for real.

gv1.3

Admin
Very interesting stuff there Daragh. If a call did come in and is not registered anywhere its very odd. If you delve in to it a bit further I am sure the call to you to ask if everything was okay delayed you for a few seconds. You nor I know what would have happened if you had not got the call and were a few seconds ahead .... anything could have been in store for you on the roads... perhaps the call from your mother delayed you just enough to save you from something bad!

A lot of people say that paranormal entities manipulate electronic magnetic frequencies... perhaps something out there is looking out for you...

monka

Member +
i've had a few things like this before,

was in some abandoned houses with my mates when my phone rang, looked at it, said HOME, mates looked at me, answered, line went dead. called back no answer. went home (5 mins away) and no one was in, and hadnt been in all day.

also, on the night my mate wrote his clio off, i jumped into some one else's car 10 minutes before just to have a chat as i hadnt seen them for a while, so my mate went home, crashed. i got home and my mum asked if i was ok as she had dreamt that me and my mate had crashed. freaky being that i should have been in the car

Thats really odd! Did anyone ever make a call and get through to a complete stranger saying you have the wrong number even though the number you dialled was your mates etc. This is happening to me and a few mates quite abit lately. Its weird my cousin was ringing another mate and got through to our aunt and he did'nt even have her number now how fucked up is that:confused:

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I recieved a call once from a new guy at work but when I picked it up I was listening to a call between two strangers, rang him back and he said other people had had it happen to them.

gv1.3

Admin
there can be issues with exchanges etc crossing calls as telecomms systems are not always 100%... I think the point here is the caller identified his mother by name and afterward there was no record of the call on the handsets call register or after a call trace...

Adam_Glanza

Member +
yeah i was gonna say, hearing people on the other line isnt that weird its just a cross in the exchange, happened to me a few times.

but yeah the call and then no trace is a bit weird!

is there anyway she could of picked up the wrong phone? like ur fathers instead or something

Dar81

Lifer
Nice write-up.

Although was that call for real.

I was talking to her again about it today and I asked her if she was sure that phone actually rang.. She says that she has no doubt whatsoever.. So, in that, I have no doubt that she believes the phone rang but without any call trace, you’re really only looking to one explaination.. an over anxious mother worried about her sons..

I'm someone who looks for a logical, rational reason for things like this..I do my best to prove them to be just weird coicendences etc..

My fathers phone was with him and he was up in the bedroom but my brothers girlfriend left her phone behind her so I asked my mother could she have picked up her phone by chance. She says that she didn't and it was across the other side of the room.. Even still, I checked the call register on that phone and the last call on that phone was at 3pm that day or something..

Dylan, when I got the call from my father, I assumed that there would be a call record there and no mystery of any sort but I did drive with a little more care than I would normally have done and also today so whatever answer is, it's made me drive drive like an old granny :)

I'm convinced there will be a logical explaination to this but it's just not coming to mind at the minute..

Stulet-GTT

Member +
That is strange, but at least all involved is ok...

I had a strange call once with a friend, goes somink like this...

My phone ring's so i look at it, incoming call from PAUL, so i answer...

Me; Alright?
Pual: Alright?
Me; yes mate hows you?
Pual; good ta what's up?
Me; nothink mate what's up with you?
Paul; nothink, what ya want?
Me; nothink, what you want?
Paul; nothink...

This is were it got wierd...

Me; what ya call for?
Paul; i didnt, you called me..
Me; na mate you called me..
Paul; na my phone rang an it was you...
Me; yer mine rang an it was you...

We both hang up at that point, later paul came round mine and we both cheacked our phone's and we both had an incoming call from each other at the same time..

It seem's like our phone's had phoned each other...

gv1.3

Admin
I told Daragh earlier that I had something very odd happen to me before and I havent told many people about it so thought I would post it up here.

I had seen this older woman a couple of times and she was a bit odd. It turned out she was SERIOUSLY in to the occult and was practicing all types of weird stuff. We ended up falling out over something cant really remember what it was. She rang me a few times and I just ignored the calls and never answered them.

Anyway... a few months passed and I hadnt seen or heard from her and she hadnt crossed my mind in any way at all. I was in my parents house and was asleep and had a dream where she was talking to me and saying that I should have answered the phone and that we would see each other again no matter if I liked it or not.

I woke up and the covers off my bed were off me and my arm was stretched out and I was holding my mobile phone. Just as I looked at it it beeped and a new text message came in from her saying something along the lines of "I shouldnt have ignored her and if she wants to speak to me she can anytime she wants"

It totally freaked me out. She came to me in a dream and I had not thought about her in months so there was no real reason for me dreaming about her. I wake up holding my phone and the moment I look at it the phone beeps with a new message from her...

explain that one if you can because I still cannot!

Phenom

Member +
The guys wearing white coats have been summoned and will be with you asap.............................:eek::eek::eek:

gv1.3

Admin
That's weird shit, Dylan.. I can imagine your reaction.. haha

yeah I went to see her one last time and promised myself I wouldnt see her again lmao.... only jokin... It actually had me a bit freaked for a while