Strange insurance conversation

Paul-r33

Fresh Recruit
So I've been selling some stuff from my house and a young guy came to buy some stuff from me. He showed up in a lightly modified gt turbo. He spotted my glanza jigsaw exploded over the garage and we got talking about starlets, I said he must be paying a fortune for insurance due to his age and the mods on the car, to which he proudly said that he has done all his modifications mid term? So he doesn't have to notify his insurers till his renewal? Surely this isn't quite true?

dac69er

Super Moderator
ring the police and inform them of an uninsured driver. he is clearly a tool. you have to inform your insurance company of any changes whether they affect your policy or not. only thing you dont have to notify them about is service items.

H_D

Member +
service and factory fitted optional extras do not have to be declared.
Anything which can affect performace and drivability has to be declared

skyinsurance

Member +
His insurance potentially isn't worth the paper it is written on, he thinks he's found a loop hole, he hasn't.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Tel : 03303 331250

Paul-r33

Fresh Recruit
That's not actually surprising, he seemed very adamant that he was in the right and I was daft for declaring as soon as I mod. Good to see some feedback from forum sponsors

Arnold

Lifer
His insurance potentially isn't worth the paper it is written on, he thinks he's found a loop hole, he hasn't.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Tel : 03303 331250

Third parties would be covered wouldn't they? just the policy holder would not? or is that wrong