Strange metallic "click"

marty

Member +
Well, the car has just started to make a distinctive clicking noise when taking off from a dead stop or flooring it at slow speeds..generally when the weight of the car shifts under acceleration. It's like one or two crack or click sounds initially then stops.

Seems to be coming from the drivers side so I've had the wheel off and had a good scout round and pulled at things to make sure they aren't loose. No joy...so any ideas what to check? MOT coming up soon so would rather get it sorted soon.

Cheers

Marty

Last edited:

marty

Member +
No anti lift kit,was thinking wishbone bushes too. Would a worn one be easy to spot? I'll check the mounts too john cheers.

marty

Member +
Right finally have a spare minute or two and want to get this sorted. Checked the mounts and all seem good and tight so going to replace the wishbone bushes and see if that cures it. Was looking on ebay at kits and there's a few different kinds. I just want as close to OEM spec as I can get. Anyone have a link for the correct kit and also steer me in the right direction price wise? Cheers

Last edited: