strange misfire :S

kdowg

Fresh Recruit
rite iv just changed my engine over as the last one wosnt running so smooth and just didnt seem healthy at at. it also misfired between 3000/4000 revs.

so i changed the engine over but i took the the inlet, injectors off the old engine to pput on the new engine and the strange misfire is still there only between 3000/4000 revs on a whole tho this engine is in a much better condition and runnin sound apart from this strange bit.

now im starting to thing it must be a fueling problem (as i had already changed all of the ignition side on the other engine) just wondering if any of u guys know wa it could be and if any one has had a similar problem ?

also when it starts misfiring the dash boost gauge(the three lights) the very first light flickers on and off only when its misfiring tho then stays off after im past the 4000 rev mark (the three lights dont work either just the first one when its misfiring)

any help will be great as this has my head in bits lol

cheers
dan

garo

Member +
Could be clogged fuel filter limiting supply or your hitting fuel cut, does the engine management light come on when it misfires?

kdowg

Fresh Recruit
its not fuel cut as it boosts fine after 4000k pulls strong it does it if i put me foot dwn i can feather through it then put me foot dwn after 4000

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
do a diagnosis test and report if there are any fault codes...

kon

dac69er

Super Moderator
sounds ignition related. change plugs and gap them correctly and also change the leads. check distributor and rotor arm and also go through all your earths.

kdowg

Fresh Recruit
sounds ignition related. change plugs and gap them correctly and also change the leads. check distributor and rotor arm and also go through all your earths.

iv done all this iv changed the whole ignition system on it gapped the plugs, its starting to do me head in now like the only thing i can thing it its fuelin related a injector breakin dwn or sumit

lis_wed

Fresh Recruit
Had this same problem a few weeks back. Check if the map sensor is plugged in well ect, that that sorted out mine. Been running fine ever since!

el_man

Fresh Recruit
ive got the same p[roblem sort of thing hold mine at 4 grand lightly on the throttle it missfires but boosting around is fine! and flicking my wipers on the car jumps around when you start flicking them on and off :S i done plugs dizzy rotor leads coil alternator checked earths no idea now :(

kdowg

Fresh Recruit
Had this same problem a few weeks back. Check if the map sensor is plugged in well ect, that that sorted out mine. Been running fine ever since!

i tried one of me mates map sensors on it before to see if it was tht bt noo still same problem :S

dark_knight

Member +
earthing problem perhaps..? since it's been more than a month since the last reply, shall i presume that this was sorted..? hope so. report back and let us know what it was..