stripping interior

well i thinkin of stripping some of my interior, dont want to strip much tho and i wana know whats the best things to take out and will it still pass nct?

gtphayer

Member +
start with rear seats mate and if your going for light weigh ? lift the carpet and get the sound deadning out and then can refit carpet if wanted :)

start with rear seats mate and if your going for light weigh ? lift the carpet and get the sound deadning out and then can refit carpet if wanted :)

ya im trying to loose a few kg off it, back seats and back door cards, back shelf and all that ? what issound deadning? and is it legal to drive it with no back seats

animal gt

Member +
is the car gona be driven much on the road?? to be honest theres not much point in doing it lad!! not much gains to be had,plus it gets noisyer etc.if your gona track/drag it then maybe yea strip away.

gtphayer

Member +
is it legal but you have to tell dvla its now a 2 seater or you get fined by police it happened to my mate and its like a black tar round the spare wheel and under the seats an front matt and kills outside sound coming in basicly

thats mine so far

100_1226-1.jpg

is the car gona be driven much on the road?? to be honest theres not much point in doing it lad!! not much gains to be had,plus it gets noisyer etc.if your gona track/drag it then maybe yea strip away.

its going to be my weekend car , not gona be on the track atal . just wana do it , need a project to work on to pass the time ha

is it legal but you have to tell dvla its now a 2 seater or you get fined by police it happened to my mate and its like a black tar round the spare wheel and under the seats an front matt and kills outside sound coming in basicly

thats mine so far

100_1226-1.jpg

ya thats exactly the way i wana do mine, whats your plans to strip next?

danb87

South East England Area Rep
whats the best way to remove sound deadening?

i used a small hammer, an just tapped it all over an it cracked an then comes off easy. do not try heating it up as it becomes a bastard when all the gluey tar stuff goes sticky gooey etc.

after i used the hammer it left a slight layer of glue but not sticky. so used a grinder n lightly went over it removing it.

theres some pics in my members garage, after all removed i weighed the sound deadening, on scales an weighed over 9 kilos lol

what type of bucket seats could i get that would be lighter than the gt ones but not very expensive? and is it a big job to remove air conditioning

danb87

yer i didnt heat it coz i got in a right mess just chipped it off and next im painting it black and a cage.

yea ive just finished painting mine inside. used smooth hammerite. just put some pics in the members garage of the turn out of it. looks alot better

GlanzaMarvin

Member +
Best to start with the rear seats and the rear trims.

The rear window wiper and motor (inside the boot lid) are also heavy bastards you might not need, as are the glovebox, the front speakers, the front door cards, the roof lining (not that heavy but still)

Look at my Member's Garage mate, I've stripped my EP91 COMPLETELY. Nothing left in it, might give you an idea of what's left to take off in yours.

Cheers,

Marvin

Jaf_ep91

Member +
removing air con is a simple job, nothing to worry about :) i removed power steering also not required and saves weight :p

gtphayer

Member +
remember if u remove the air conditioning to remove the bit behind the glove box its quite heavy ( the 2 pipes in the engine bay on bulk head)

Jaf_ep91

Member +
the condensor aint heavy :p lucky if its 2kg haha :p i wrote a guide on how to remove the condensor have a look at my started threads and youll see it

danb87

paint mate, used spray before it it scratches too easy so used brush on, nice thick coat aswell lol

Best to start with the rear seats and the rear trims.

The rear window wiper and motor (inside the boot lid) are also heavy bastards you might not need, as are the glovebox, the front speakers, the front door cards, the roof lining (not that heavy but still)

Look at my Member's Garage mate, I've stripped my EP91 COMPLETELY. Nothing left in it, might give you an idea of what's left to take off in yours.

Cheers,

Marvin

i dont think i touch the front of the car, just want the back stripped as much as possible and things i dont need