Stupid Mechanic

Wills21

Member +
Over the last few weeks the car has been smoking a bit and loosing oil,
went under the car this morning and noticed oil on the bottom of the turbo, I got my mechanic to fit a second hand turbo I bought off here about two months ago. Ya know the bracket thing that connects the turbo to the exhaust housing? Two semi-circular brackets that bolt together from either side? He never even put the bolts on them, its just sitting there, I'm fu**ing raging, paid him way to much at the time to fit it and now I'm going to have to spend all morning tomorrow pulling it all out just to tighten them up, only thing is I haven't even got the bolts to go onto it :mad::mad:

Rant over, but come on, how stupid can you be to just leave it sitting in place???

churcherj

Member +
I'll have a think about it later, is it ok to bring to work tonight dya think lads, have to leave soon.

if the turbo is not bolted onto the exhaust housing i wouldnt be driving it! any slight increase in pressure if you accidentally go on boost it might cause it to move or something. depends how far you have to drive mate? up to you really, theres no way of telling if its gona be ok!

Wills21

Member +
if the turbo is not bolted onto the exhaust housing i wouldnt be driving it! any slight increase in pressure if you accidentally go on boost it might cause it to move or something. depends how far you have to drive mate? up to you really, theres no way of telling if its gona be ok!

Better to be safe than sorry I suppose

kieran.s gt

Member +
is the bracket missing just the nuts or the actual bolts reason i ask is just looking at one i have here and the bolts aren't removable unless you cut them off