Subaru Question (overboosting)

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
i know it's not a starlet but as a we;re a knowledgable bunch and a few of us own scoobs i thought i'd ask anyway :)

i've recently bought a 'standard' 99 uk2000 turbo impreza wagon. just basic mods, VF22 turbo, cat back exhaust, air filter and a later spec intercooler. it goes very well, too well in fact and i've found out why

67438_168948809798352_100000497014477_511266_3926555_n.jpg

that seems like rather a lot of boost, which has raised a few questions:

what should the boost be as standard?
what's a safe max boost?
does an impreza not have fuelcut or any kind of failsafe to prevent overboosting?
what could be causing the overboost and would be ecu be fuelling for it or not?

i don't drive the car hard as i use it for a daily drive and it appears to have been running this boost for a while judging by the comments of the previous owners. have opened the ecu and can't see any daughter boards or any mods to it.

any help/input would be appreciated

:)

impul_kev

Fresh Recruit
if its got a vf 22 and its a late uk turbo 2000 its probably had a remap your best bet is to give us a ring at API impreza

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
if its got a vf 22 and its a late uk turbo 2000 its probably had a remap your best bet is to give us a ring at API impreza

possibly i dunno, need to get it on a rolling road or at least shove a wideband up it. but what about the rest of the engine, can it take 1.5+bar as standard or am i in danger of melting things? zilcho experience with these subaru's, apart from overtaking a lot of them in the starlet, lol (although this one feels almost as quick)

grum-glanza

Member +
subarus run standard .5 .6 bar boost on a standard turbo not sure about vf22 turbo and they shud have standard fuel cut like starlets best place to go if your unsure www.isdc.ie great site lads are very helpful