Suggest me a brake fluid...

George611

Member +
I seem to be boiling my current brake fluid quite quickly only using comma 5.1 but its not great, was thinking of using motul 660 gold……but thought I'd see what you guys are using first, also while on the subject of brakes I noticed abit of fluid has spilt out of the resivoir even tho the caps on tight seems as tho its spilt out of that little cap thing on top my worry is if its spilling out then surely air is getting in and effecting the brake fluid?...

Texx

Super Moderator
Are you still using stock brakes? If so, there's no 'fancy' brake fluid that's going to solve the problem.

George611

Member +
Ive got the st165 twin pots with mintex pads and notmal discs, ideally i want to get some grooved discs and ds2500's but theyve been fine done brands hatch last month and gave them hell n they didn't overheat once along with endless heavy braking elsewhere so i know the brakes themselves are coping fine but i think its jus strange how the fluid has spilt abit out the resivoir and i had fade..which brings me onto the fluid i need some decent fluid anyway but want to make sure they dont go jus incase.