supercharger ?

02emichan

Member +
hi i am running a ihi vf22 turbo with supporting mods but there is a lot of lag ha so was thinking would it be possible to run a supercharger to try to cut the lag down ?

dont know if there is a charger kit for these cars i highly doubt it, are you forged ? what ecu ? what boost ? any headwork done ? these are all things that can help reduce lag i dont jkust mean a forged lump i mean if ur running low boost sometimes it can be laggy if its a big turbo

02emichan

Member +
no as of yet i couldn't find one but wouldn't be hard to make one up and yep forged with ultimate running at a bar atm needs another map and no headwork i mean is not rili rili bugging me i just want another project :) would be a first from what i can find

Gord R

Member +
No off the shelf kits available, but its possible. Twin Charging can work well although its pretty complex and packaging it in a Glanza engine bay is hard.

Google twin charged evo 5 hillclimb on the lancer owner and youtube. That a seriously well developed setup.

No off the shelf kits available, but its possible. Twin Charging can work well although its pretty complex and packaging it in a Glanza engine bay is hard.

Google twin charged evo 5 hillclimb on the lancer owner and youtube. That a seriously well developed setup.

Madmacks Evo's a beast Iv seen her in the flesh it don't even have to work 100% no lag

Gord R

Member +
Iv done a lot of research so drop me a pm if you want any thoughts from me. You want to make a lot more of your turbo if you are going down that route.

Alternatively a much cheaper route is to get a more suitable turbo with matched associated mods.

02emichan

Member +
Iv done a lot of research so drop me a pm if you want any thoughts from me. You want to make a lot more of your turbo if you are going down that route.

Alternatively a much cheaper route is to get a more suitable turbo with matched associated mods.

nice one cheers and i no what you are saying but when the turbo but when it gets going its mad so wanted to sorta keep that bit lol

Gord R

Member +
I know what your saying, thats said, the fact its laggy makes it all abit deceptive, if that makes sense.

You should be able to make easily as much power from a smaller more responsive turbo.

02emichan

Member +
I know what your saying, thats said, the fact its laggy makes it all abit deceptive, if that makes sense.

You should be able to make easily as much power from a smaller more responsive turbo.

the turbo is good for over 300hp just need a map atm but couldent find anything with less lag bar td04 but then its a lot to see 300 with one

Gryzor

Admin
4EFTESupercharged.jpg

Td12 would be an ideal sprint turbo
1.6 bar with no lag

GI BOY

Member +
But he likes the pull of the vf22 it's pulls like a train on boost I have a hybrid tat was hitting full boost @ 3800rpm on a friends 5e my car is slightly higher compression wise so It might kick in quicker yet for me