Supporting mods?!?

jimbox1

Member +
After some long hard thinking I'm going td04!! I was wondering what other parts I will need?!?!? Parts so far:
Zisco ram horn mani(ct9)externally gated(turbo smart) getting zisco to make adaptor plate with decat
Half size rad and fan with temp gauge
Fmic with td04 piping
Blitz spec s boost controller
Full 2.75" zisco exhaust
Gfb twin trumpet bump valve
Hks boost gauge
Air filter relocation( fitted just need different elbow sizes??)
jam ecu
Is there any other bit that you could recommend getting? I want to get all the parts together first so Iv not got the car in the garage any longer than I need to! Any advice is much appreciated! :confused: cheers
Kenny

AdamB

Member +
None really, pretty much got it covered.
Although if running the JAM ecu, get the fueling checked by a tuner with a wideband. Or go for something programmable like an emanage :)

AdamB

Member +
You won't need a FPR as the aftermarket ecu's are to run stock fuel pressure. A pump is a well worthy upgrade since the standard ones are getting on a bit now.
If you go for programmable management you can change injectors and alter fuel pressure.

weeJohn

Lifer
The only other things I would recommend is an uprated pump, new fuel filter and gaskets for the exhaust mani and turbo. Worth checking what size spring is in the wastegate as if you are not forged then 1 bar is a safe boost limit.

jimbox1

Member +
Thanks guys for all the help was told the spring is 1bar came with a spare think it 0.8bar spring. Is it really worth wile getting a wide band? How do they work???

laskt9

Member +
Thanks guys for all the help was told the spring is 1bar came with a spare think it 0.8bar spring. Is it really worth wile getting a wide band? How do they work???

Definately get the wideband and do your research on safe afr. It will save your motor

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

AdamB

Member +
You don't need a wideband as your tuner should setup the engine up correctly, but its a safe bet to have one incase anything changes or something goes wrong as you can diagnose problems with them.

I wouldn't say a wideband will save your engine unless you can interpret and understand how a wideband works and what it means. Its down to you as the driver to back off or switch the engine off to cause any further damage.

laskt9

Member +
I wouldn't say a wideband will save your engine unless you can interpret and understand how a wideband works and what it means. Its down to you as the driver to back off or switch the engine off to cause any further damage.

That's why I mentioned the research part. If you can catch your afr in a dangerous area its very useful. However if you don't know anything about it its useless.

Having your own helps if you like changing things up on your motor. If a shop will do all your work and run it on the dyno don't worry about getting one.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2