supra fuel pump

vissen23

Member +
hi lads does a supra fuel pump will make a different than the std ep91.because now im boost 1 bar with jam ecu.

350ep70gr

Member +
hi lads does a supra fuel pump will make a different than the std ep91.because now im boost 1 bar with jam ecu.
If you dont have a problem with the oem one then a supra pump will not make any different. Pump only circulate the fuel and fpr adjust the fuel pressure. You need to change if your suspect oem is weak during the years!What fuel pressure are you running?

EH@B

Member +
i using 1zx fuel pump
its comming in supra also
no different but just good update for modding

vissen23

Member +
If you dont have a problem with the oem one then a supra pump will not make any different. Pump only circulate the fuel and fpr adjust the fuel pressure. You need to change if your suspect oem is weak during the years!What fuel pressure are you running?

i dont know wat pressure is anyway its std

T

tdo4starlet

standerd think 2.1 bar so you my need a fpr to up the fuel ,,better to get a suited for the ep91 lad,,,should be running round 3.1 bar off fuel pressure ,,get it mapped ,walbro...pump 255l will do you.if you run 1.bar with that you will surely blow your engine sky high ,,,

Last edited by a moderator:

gv1.3

Admin
My glanza running .9 bar of boost on the CT9 was running 37psi which was set on a rolling road and amounts to approx 2.5 bar of fuel pressure. At 1 bar of boost 3.1 bar of fuel pressure or 45psi will be running massively rich I would have thought.

T

tdo4starlet

oh your right i tought he was running tdo4 ...your spot on dylan

gv1.3

Admin
the fuel ump wont be an issue mate as its the pressure regulator that controls how much fuel gets in to the rail whatever else is being pumped just goes down the return hose.

The fuel pump is fine to use if you just want to change your stock pump as it may be getting old but another stock pump will also fuel a starlet with a ct9 at 1 bar of boost.

gv1.3

Admin
I would of thought the jam ecu would fuel that okay without having to fit a different fpr. Id have the fueling checked with just the ecu and see if its fueling correctly.. if not get an adjustable fpr.

bov

Member +
should i get a fuel regulator ? im boost 1 bar jam ecu ct9!

The ecu should be sorting that out, I ran 1 bar on a JAM ecu on my old glanza for a while without any problems. But its not a bad idea just to be on the safe side.

A supra or a skyline fuel pump would be just fine ...

B/w guys i am using a GTTi`s stock fuel pump with fpr set to 22 psi at WOT , m running a TD04HL-15t from a saab at 7 psi ?? ..should i raise the Fuel pressure ? ..car seems to be running fine ..