Surprisingly cheap insurance quotes?! Noble M12...

tobiah

Member +
Im going through bit of a topgear inspired dreamer stage but i get quotes using bell.co.uk on nearly every fast car there is... :D LOL

So i was watching the Top Gear with the Noble in and remember the M12 can be had for circa £20k - which is reasonable...

So I get insurance quote- 23yrs old 3yrs driving...1yrs ncb 1 crash 0 points - manchester postcode... and to my surprise £1244 for 10months!!! £1500 for the 3.0 version!
Bear in mind that for an impreza wrx my quote is over £4000 for 10months same for evo's even the same for a honda s2000 or elise!

So what other cars have u been surprised by? I got a lamborghini gallardo quote lol (yeh im wishing) that was 3400...

But pleasantly surprised by the noble :D

I just have to get saving now!

iamrab

Member +
i just got quoted for me and missus on a ferrari f50 and it was 7700 which to be honest isnt that bad lol likes eriously tho it isnt ha ha

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
I remember getting quoted on a supra TT when i was 21 for £1200 and an Audi RS6 for the same price.

Yesterday got quoted 1k for a supra TT valued at 10k lol and a mr2 twin entry turbo for 1k :haha: but evo's and scoobies are still 2k plus wtf lol

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Yesterday got quoted 1k for a supra TT valued at 10k lol and a mr2 twin entry turbo for 1k :haha: but evo's and scoobies are still 2k plus wtf lol

How old are you?

Evos and subarus seem to be sky high insurance. I think insurance for cars is sometimes a bit backwards lol

Matchew

Member +
yep have to agree insurance on a subaru is sky high they depend alot on postcodes etc, the main thing with them is that when they were 1st out over here like the wrx's, evo's etc they were hotest thing out getting stolen, crashed, carjacked left right and centre but now the stigma on these has gone, more stealable, valueable and faster cars about now. I doubt a big time car criminal is gonna get an order for a 3k wrx they've got bigger fish to fry is the police, insurance companies did there research they would know that and the "grey import" still hasnt gone with parts back being through the roof the factors go on, but now parts are readily available and real cheap but the inurance companies dont realise that. Maybe why tobiah got such a cheap quote on a noble

Last edited:

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
How old are you?

Evos and subarus seem to be sky high insurance. I think insurance for cars is sometimes a bit backwards lol

22 mate, 2 yr ncb. Nice area tho tbh prob why its so cheap, but yea scoobies n evos are always high. Yea your right mate its stupid, i pay 700 quid for the starlet yet they only want 1k for a supra TT lol! i can insure a corvette c6 6ltr v8 for 1500 lol rediculious! :haha:

aaronw

Member +
when i had the 294bhp/300lbs gt,with all mods declaired,it was 1100fc,and the nurburg edition astra vxr,08 plate was 1100fc worth 18k ,3points aged 23 drivin 5years.

i know i can insure a pulsar for same money.

i havent played with quotes for ages,..scoob's and evo's are always expensive.

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
when i had the 294bhp/300lbs gt,with all mods declaired,it was 1100fc,and the nurburg edition astra vxr,08 plate was 1100fc worth 18k ,3points aged 23 drivin 5years.

i know i can insure a pulsar for same money.

i havent played with quotes for ages,..scoob's and evo's are always expensive.

Why are we always stitched up for quotes :( i hate insurance in the UK lol :homer:

GTdan

In The Closet
Power to weight wise etc on paper it is but there's no way you'd get the power down as well IMO...

Also spend 6k on the noble and you can have 500bhp apparetly... :)

also spend another £5k maintaining it each year - there shite!!

Brendanlez

Member +
I priced to get insure the bros evo 8 in my name, it woz €1800 and his 03 prodrive was €1300 (2 yrs ago) but for me to go back onto his traders insurance is nearly €4000 robbin bastards

Bazza

Member +
id stay away from the noble mate!

a mates bro has one it spends more time off the road under a cover than on the road :(

gearboxes keep breaking, little bits keep going wrong and the bits to replace are stupid money :shoot:

as for insurance on one they will not touch me lol too much of bad area! :cool:

Craig

Lifer
Evo insurance isn't fantastic, but I managed to get it for £1500. 21, 3 years driving, 2 NCB & 1 non-fault accident. Evo VIII FQ300.

durmz

Member +
Evo insurance isn't fantastic, but I managed to get it for £1500. 21, 3 years driving, 2 NCB & 1 non-fault accident. Evo VIII FQ300.

woah thas fairly good, to think i could get insured on an evo next august is scary lol

corolla daz

Fresh Recruit
i know its not a super car bat both thr 2.0L primera gt and a volvo 340 2.0L (drift hoe) are both £900 to insure as my corolla is £1300?

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
I thought my gt was surprisingly cheap to insure. £752 fully comp, 20yrs old, 3 yrs n/c (was 2 when I bought the policy).

Considering my previous car was a n/a mr2 and I was paying £1440 TPF&T.

Last edited: