swapping

garry

Fresh Recruit
:confused: is there anybody out there that would swap gt's? im looking for a swap even though i know it sounds very strange.. looking for a glanza or a different gt.. hmmm id like to see the reponse to this

churcherj

Member +
:confused: is there anybody out there that would swap gt's? im looking for a swap even though i know it sounds very strange.. looking for a glanza or a different gt.. hmmm id like to see the reponse to this

i think most people will ask why u want to swap!? people will probably think its dodgey

garry

Fresh Recruit
ya i see why ud say that alright.. its genuinely not though the funny thing is.. im in college and selling it doesnt seem like it would happen it wouldnt be worth what id get for it and a change would be nice.. just wanted to see responses haha strange i no

Pixie96

Member +
Iv Done It Few times Man Thats how i got my glanza at the mo...:) Just Make Sure You take your log book back with you so that you wont get any tickets if the other person doesnt send it off, and do a check on the car before hand, :teach:

churcherj

Member +
but why would u swap a gt for another gt say, because your only going to be swaping it for one of a similar price and probably spec, so would be pointless? what would you get out of it? its the same car essentially mate, just seems like hassle

garry

Fresh Recruit
ya i wanted to do a swap for a glanza really no doubt.. its true wat u say about it being the same thing really and just hassle... was just a thought i had really to see if many people had done it and how they turned out, what there recommendations are

wesgt

Lifer
don't get this at all?! the only way you'd get a swap is if one spec was better than the other and cash would be involved, otherwise its like swapping same for same, who'd bother?!

churcherj

Member +
ya i wanted to do a swap for a glanza really no doubt.. its true wat u say about it being the same thing really and just hassle... was just a thought i had really to see if many people had done it and how they turned out, what there recommendations are

I do see what you mean in principle, but at the end of the day you could swap yours and not know its history and end up with an unreliable shit heap thats been ragged about and not looked after. its a big risk really. ive heard horror stories of people offering swaps to try and get rid of their car because something major is on the way out, or burning oil etc.

garry

Fresh Recruit
ya see no way fuck dat i dnt wana be stuck with a shit heap.. i was offered a 1.6 g6r the other day but i have never drivin one of these what are they in comparison? i dnt no if the power would match up...are they near a levin?

churcherj

Member +
ya see no way fuck dat i dnt wana be stuck with a shit heap.. i was offered a 1.6 g6r the other day but i have never drivin one of these what are they in comparison? i dnt no if the power would match up...are they near a levin?

you see thats the thing with a swap, you never really know :( Dont know about that car mate, never driven one

garry

Fresh Recruit
ya its a pure balls shur sumtimes i just wanted to hear peoples opinions... but ya if anyone knows about g6rs id love to hear comments

This sounds like more of a spur of the moment idea than a well though out plan. I think he is just sick of looking at the same car every time he walks out the door. He still likes the cars just sick of HIS one

All I would say to you is that it is very unlikely you will get anything other than a car that is not to the same standard as yours. Most people would only swap if what they are getting is better than what they already have unless you swap it with someone that has a Glanza that REALLY wants a GT. I don't get sick of cars at all, in fact I get more fond of cars the longer I own them but thats just me. If I was you I would just stick with the car that you have and maybe save for some body parts or wheels or something that will change the look of the car.

As they say, 'The Devil you know is better than the Devil you don't know'

EDIT: The G6R's are as slow as a wet week

churcherj

Member +
This sounds like more of a spur of the moment idea than a well though out plan. I think he is just sick of looking at the same car every time he walks out the door. He still likes the cars just sick of HIS one

All I would say to you is that it is very unlikely you will get anything other than a car that is not to the same standard as yours. Most people would only swap if what they are getting is better than what they already have unless you swap it with someone that has a Glanza that REALLY wants a GT. I don't get sick of cars at all, in fact I get more fond of cars the longer I own them but thats just me. If I was you I would just stick with the car that you have and maybe save for some body parts or wheels or something that will change the look of the car.

As they say, 'The Devil you know is better than the Devil you don't know'

EDIT: The G6R's are as slow as a wet week

but if hes sick of looking at the same car, swapping it for another GT or glanza is abit pointless in my opinion, if i was sick of my car i would know its time to sell up and try something different, but hey thats just me :)

JasonG

Member +
ive a glanza ...and was offered several gts...and id swap for 1 if was mint!!!! and notin wrong with my glanza...people just look for a change...but always take ur time looking at a car..take all day..cos once u do the deal..its done...