Swop - forged Glanza for Impreza

tom_hunt

Member +
If any of you hear of some one wanting to do a swop then let me no!

Any year considered. No dogs! Nothing over 60k miles (well I will consider it)

Thanks

Tom

FerryScoob

Member +
Good choice. You will love an Impreza. Get an STI if you can and stay away from 97-98 cars they suffer from piston slap.

tom_hunt

Member +
Fair enough mate you have to love the Impreza eventhough there are a fair few of them around

Yeah I no what your saying. Iv always wanted one! My mate told me he was getting a new car today and he came back with a nice Impreza and he took me for a blast in it earlyer! And I must say that Iv fell in love lol

Tom

Dan3SGTE

Member +
my bro had an impreza once i'd say running near on 270-280HP, it was a great all round car apart from how bad on fuel it was, quite shockin when not even driven hard.... 0-60MPH pull on them is viscous....

FerryScoob

Member +
How did you find running costs of a Starlet to a Impreza?

Running costs are insane. I bought mine in 2004 and used it as my daily driver for a year done 10,000 miles in it. At the time it cost £45 to fill the tank and £3 for octane booster and I got between 165 -200 miles to the tank. I bought the starlet in 2006 as a cheap run-a-round and thats what it was. I got 360-380 Km for £30. I know Impreza's have a bad reputation and people slag them but I bet they haven't driven one. Its amazing, I love it the power, noise and the handling. I have driven loads of cars; skyline gtr's, Evo's, GT4's etc. and I feel that nothing is as good a package as an Impreza.
It hasnt all been good as I have had a lot of problems with mine. This is down to me getting carried away and buying it without giving it a good look.
My advice to anyone buying one is take someone with you who will stay impartial. Soon as I drove the car I had the blinkers on and didnt check the basics out.

Just my 2p's worth.
Barry.

herbie

Member +
Just because there's lots of Impreza's about, folk automatically think they are shite.

I had the same attitude until I drove one for myself.
Ended up buying a standard impreza and modded it to 400 bhp. I loved it!!
Sold it after 3 years of ownership. Id have another one no probs, would have to be a Hawkeye version tho.

gv1.3

Admin
a fellow member on here invited me to drive his STI and when I took it out I was really impressed. From a stand still you floor it and the arse drops and it just grips so well and all the power is straight to the ground.

My bro has a twin turbo legacy B4 and it is a beast.. all grip and tons of torque but they like to drink juice.