t25 turbo suggestions

amatthews45

Fresh Recruit
Hey guys

New to starlets and aftermarket turbo kits ect.

Found a fairly good t25 stainless Mani

Now been looking around and struggling to find a small exhaust housing t25 turbo for quick spool time.

Now a lot will prob not like the idea of the new phase of chinky turbos but tbh with you that's the route I properly going to take. There well tested with other car brands and I feel this will do the job for me.

So could anyone help me out regards to finding a turbo.

Need to know will I need to clock it with no AC pump/ half size rad?

Thanks

wickedep

Trader
it will work with your manifold. but you'd never be sure as to how long it will last. go for it if you are willing to take a gamble. if you want a decent Taiwan brand...then try Kinugawa...not sure if they make t25's ...we've used a few of their turbo on evo's and subaru's. they dont perform like their more expensive (original) counter parts..but they seems ok and are half the price. good luck.

amatthews45

Fresh Recruit
Thanks for the replys guys

I know China units are hit and miss a lot of people have successfjly used them and some just hate them.

Lucky I got time to think about it but my budget for a turbo is 250 so my options are limited.

Not really 100% about td04 everyone does that and Has that set up. Like everyone goes externally gated I for one won't be.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231161018350&alt=web

Think this turbo is the one that will give me that low down spool and fit just right

Skalabala

Member +
A chinese turbo works great when, you fit a good quality rebuild kit and have it rebalanced :)
Get a used CA18 turbo and rebuild it

amatthews45

Fresh Recruit
A mate is selling a c18 turbo in fact isn't the exhaust flange slightly diffrent ?

Seems that the ca18 turbo a popular choice.

What water and oil feeds have people used? Was thinking going braided hopefully.

wickedep

Trader
you can also try a t28r from a silvia s15. slightly lagier than the already mentioned options..but you can make good power. should be able to easilly find one 'used' on your budget.

Skalabala

Member +
A mate is selling a c18 turbo in fact isn't the exhaust flange slightly diffrent ?

Seems that the ca18 turbo a popular choice.

What water and oil feeds have people used? Was thinking going braided hopefully.

Use water pipe for the water line and oil pipe for the oil line. Its the cheapest easiest way :)
And I am not sure about the "C18" bud. Have a link?