T28 help

wickedep

Trader
try to find a t28r from the s15 silvia..you'll be well chuffed with it and capable of decently good numbers too.

wickedep

Trader
or a garrett GT2860r. i found they spool faster than the stock s15 yet make more power

big price difference between the two Tim. t28r is alright for a budget build. but if cash isnt the problem..then yeah..the gt/gtx would be the best option. however the flange fotprint on the t28r is the same as gt-series adam..so if you do get a manifold/downipe set up done for the t28..you can always upgrade to the gt-series later without having to change much.

Rev

Member +
Both sound interesting but what rpms does spool start and take off with a 4e GT2860r ?
If i remember correctly Garret site says these are only suited for 1400cc plus engine capacity.

AdamB

Member +
Prob make 1 bar on a GT2860 on a 4e around 3600rpm, raising the rev limit with this turbo is a must though. Atleast 8200rpm.
You can put any turbo on any car regardless of what Garrett say, its just what they recommened the turbo would be suited for.

Adam46

Fresh Recruit
Just wondering about intercooler piping, is there a kit available or is it better to make it up ur self?
Mine has just started smoking on over run and when u come bk to idle , running a hybrid ct9! Wan do a com test dose any1 no what sort of results I should get? Engine internal are stock!!

Rev

Member +
Prob make 1 bar on a GT2860 on a 4e around 3600rpm, raising the rev limit with this turbo is a must though. Atleast 8200rpm.
You can put any turbo on any car regardless of what Garrett say, its just what they recommened the turbo would be suited for.

OK thanks.

AdamB

Member +
Just wondering about intercooler piping, is there a kit available or is it better to make it up ur self?
Mine has just started smoking on over run and when u come bk to idle , running a hybrid ct9! Wan do a com test dose any1 no what sort of results I should get? Engine internal are stock!!

150psi + is what your looking for ideally. They should also be within 14.5 psi / 1 bar of each other.
Intercooler piping, the hot side would stay the same it would just be the cold pipe. Sacha from WEPR sells universal turbo-intercooler pipes which can easily be modified to suit.

Adam46

Fresh Recruit
150psi + is what your looking for ideally. They should also be within 14.5 psi / 1 bar of each other.
Intercooler piping, the hot side would stay the same it would just be the cold pipe. Sacha from WEPR sells universal turbo-intercooler pipes which can easily be modified to suit.
Cheers mate, stopped smoking now I put some fuel ad in there and I think that was making it smoke! Changed fuel and it fine fingers crossed lol

was it fuel additives or an injector/carbon cleaner you added?

only ask as the latter can make alot of funny smells and smoke out the back, does give a very unhealthy engine appearance.

Tim