T28 turbo problems

dazza ep91

Member +
hello i was just wondering if any one has had or is running a t28 turbo on there starlet.

i got a owen devlopment t28 turbo, and im in the middle of getting it fitted im having some problems with the oil drain and the water lines, i think i have to make them all braided lines just need conformation on that.
also wear did you get your decat done/ ordered from i have a blanking plate with a 3" hole cut out which is ment to do the job but unsure of it.

also wat sort of power could i b looking at with
emanage blue
550cc injectors
forged engin
exsaust
induction
fmic

and wat should the max boost b on this turbo 1.4 bar ?

any info will b great thanks daz

danturbo4311

Member +
I used to run a t28 with a .64 rear housing worked pretty well on a 4e, had it rolling roaded it made 215bhp @ .8bar & at just over a bar it made 268bhp was gonna go higher (1.5bar), but intercooler pipes kept blowing off & iv upgraded turbo since then so never found out what its limit was, this was on an emanage blue & same mods but with 460 injectors. i had the oil feed line made up from a company on ebay it worked well & im still using it now on my gt2860, dont use a restrictor on the oil feed & make sure you use a large return pipe. Also with the water lines i used a banjo set which can be found on ebay too with some silicone hose from my works, braided would work well thou.

dazza ep91

Member +
right thanks m8 only problem is that the turbo oil return is almost pointing the block lol so that will have to go large and braded i think down,
and one of the water lines gose up right next the maini so thats got to go braided lol and then there just the other water one which might as well go it as the rest are lol.

i wish i could get some pics up but i have got a camra as its in new york with my mum and dad lol fun time

also what did you do about your exsaust?

thanks for that info m8

dazza ep91

Member +
yea the problem is it has been rotated round to b in the right place and now it seems i got to work with what i got lol. love turbo builds lol

thanks for the help just going back down to the pit to sratch my head a bit and see if i can see if i have over looked somthink

Decep82

Member +
what have you done about your exsuast mate?

yea just need a lil bit more room would b nice smaller rad lol

it came as a whole kit so exhaust was made by some1 else i think its jus a silvia decat with a different flange welded on for the exhaust

dazza ep91

Member +
ok m8 thanks for that ill use my blanking plate that i got for it. and just need a few bits now lol more money should b fun tho.

danturbo4311

Member +
iv got a wepr kit which comes with manifold & downpipe, are you gonna be using an external wastegate with this turbo, im also using a smaller dual core rad as its one of wepr's older kits which only fits with a smaller rad. May have to fiddle a bit with rotating the turbo to get the lines to fit as you dont want no lines really near/touching the manifold even braided will eventually melt through as said you'll figure it out. just makesure if you fiddle with the exhuast housing or CHRA that you keep the oil feed & return in the right places, may sound silly but iv seen people rotate the turbo before with the oil lines at an angle which caused the oil to leak over the seals & not flow through it properly.

Shorty

Member +
soz to go a tad off subject but where abouts in hampshire are you bud? i know of a few fabricting places that may help with decat exhuast ect ;)