t3/t4 turbos?????

GTEP82

Member +
Rite ive seen a nice t3/t4 set up n done sum reading up but wanted 2 now if any1s got the setup n wots it lik gud value for money reliable etc???? i want more power but lukin to go dwn a different path to the usual td04/hybrid setups :beer:

GaryGT

Member +
if ur going T3/T4 dont go any bigger than a .48 A/R or ur talking serious lag!
u could try the T3 50 Trim very good spool and good Top end

GaryGT

Member +
its a 50 a/r compressor side n 63 a/r turbine wud that get a gud spool????

No lad laggy as Fuck and im speaking from experience as i Run this very similar setup and you just wont get the Power.
you can try a T3/T4 46 trim with .48 A/R ballbearing you'll still have lots of lag but ul have serious Top end power ;)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
No lad laggy as Fuck and im speaking from experience as i Run this very similar setup and you just wont get the Power.
you can try a T3/T4 46 trim with .48 A/R ballbearing you'll still have lots of lag but ul have serious Top end power ;)

when you say lots of lag.. any how much boost to how many rpm !? just an average..

i use a t3 a/r .48

finx

Member +
t4/t4 turbos are rubbish in general. anything thats brand new off the shelf and unbranded and cheep aren't worth the bubble wrap their sent in. most are made in china and slapped together with incorrect tollerences/clearances etc etc and are just Garret knock offs which are supposed to be identical but for copy right reasons they arnt allowed to make them 100% perfect.

i have seen allot of these on cars that i have worked on especially nissan RB engines as they are popular with the drifters that want more power but all they end up doing is causing issues and only having usable power on the motorways and top end.
most are also limited spec to 15psi after that theyr useless like most ct9s.
many of these rb engined nissan cars i have worked on with these turbos wont make boost untill 4000+ rpm and these are 2L + capacity engines.

i helped build a t3/t4 set up on a ep82 running a 4efte for a friend who wouldnt take my advice and just wanted it done. the result was no boost untill 5000+ rpm. this could probably have been reduced to full boost around 5k with an aftermarket ecu but still only gives you 2000 rpm give or take of the rev range in which you are making power. usless in my opinion.

if you want to go to a t3/t4 and are chasing mega top end power go for a garret to4e. this will be hell laggy on any e series toyota engine however. on a 4age they tend to not spool untill just before 4000rpm on a deicent set up with aftermarket ecu.

if your looking at going for a t3 flange turbo without spending moon beans the one of best two options to go for a an ht18-2s off later model series 4 mazda rx7's. these have a 50trim front wheel and a .36 a/r exhaust housing.

alternatively if you can find one, a t3 with a 60trim front wheel which come on a few models of the nissan 300zx are an excellent way to go.
i will be doing a set up with this turbo on my own car once i have finnished stuffing around with the ct9. all be it mongrel hybrid version. i have seen a few with good results. and these turbos are easily capable of making in excess of 20psi

best exhaust housings to go for are a .30 a/r off the skylines or the .36 on the stock 60trim turbos and ht18 versions. these provide a balance for a small engine such as a e series toyota (4e/5e) with good spool up depending on set up and what ecu you are running, and can generally be on boost by 3500rpm

cheers
ryan

GaryGT

Member +
t4/t4 turbos are rubbish in general. anything thats brand new off the shelf and unbranded and cheep aren't worth the bubble wrap their sent in. most are made in china and slapped together with incorrect tollerences/clearances etc etc and are just Garret knock offs which are supposed to be identical but for copy right reasons they arnt allowed to make them 100% perfect.

i have seen allot of these on cars that i have worked on especially nissan RB engines as they are popular with the drifters that want more power but all they end up doing is causing issues and only having usable power on the motorways and top end.
most are also limited spec to 15psi after that theyr useless like most ct9s.
many of these rb engined nissan cars i have worked on with these turbos wont make boost untill 4000+ rpm and these are 2L + capacity engines.

i helped build a t3/t4 set up on a ep82 running a 4efte for a friend who wouldnt take my advice and just wanted it done. the result was no boost untill 5000+ rpm. this could probably have been reduced to full boost around 5k with an aftermarket ecu but still only gives you 2000 rpm give or take of the rev range in which you are making power. usless in my opinion.

if you want to go to a t3/t4 and are chasing mega top end power go for a garret to4e. this will be hell laggy on any e series toyota engine however. on a 4age they tend to not spool untill just before 4000rpm on a deicent set up with aftermarket ecu.

if your looking at going for a t3 flange turbo without spending moon beans the one of best two options to go for a an ht18-2s off later model series 4 mazda rx7's. these have a 50trim front wheel and a .36 a/r exhaust housing.

alternatively if you can find one, a t3 with a 60trim front wheel which come on a few models of the nissan 300zx are an excellent way to go.
i will be doing a set up with this turbo on my own car once i have finnished stuffing around with the ct9. all be it mongrel hybrid version. i have seen a few with good results. and these turbos are easily capable of making in excess of 20psi

best exhaust housings to go for are a .30 a/r off the skylines or the .36 on the stock 60trim turbos and ht18 versions. these provide a balance for a small engine such as a e series toyota (4e/5e) with good spool up depending on set up and what ecu you are running, and can generally be on boost by 3500rpm

cheers
ryan

yes mate T3/T4 generally are not suited to the E series Toyota
but Turbonetics do a T3/T4 Hybrid the GT-K325 with a .48 A/R and would be a class Turbo for the 5E engine running a Good aftermarket ECU.
very High Boost Threshold.
but Very Expensive Turbo.
so i reckon check out the above what RYAN mentioned as he knows what hes talking about ;)

AdDaMan

Member +
i have a t3/t04b .48 stage 2 hybrid on my honda and i dont get full boost until 4k rpm and thats a 2.2!
No way on 4e farrr too laggy.