Tacho issues NEED help

Gav_Kara

Member +
Ok my tacho keeps playing up needle flickers all over and car feels under powered when it's doing so. When needle is being ok car runs and pulls perfect. I've checked all dizzy cap rotor and plugs and leads but a thong Ove noticed is the ignition amp seems to be getting very hot. Could this be the problem

Rep to be added if helped

Morph

Member +
Is the earth ok for the ignitor as it's earths thru the body or sounds like an internal short if it's getting really warm have you done a code check on the ecu?

Gav_Kara

Member +
I un bolted it and bolted back on but the same. Not really sure how to do it but could only find for the ep82 not Glanza buddy

Morph

Member +
Think there's a sticky on it somewhere not on a comp at the mo so can't search that well I'm sure it's the same for a glanza tho from the ones I've done.

Gav_Kara

Member +
Yeah I'm on iPhone so will search in a while buddy. The problems a intermitant fault but a pain if it's the amp I'll just get one didn't know if anyone else has had this problem and how they fixed it

Morph

Member +
Just had a flick it's in the awesome helpful section under diagnostics only other idea is maybe clean up the earths on the inlet manifold as they tend to give problems otherwise could be the amp overheating internally.

Gav_Kara

Member +
All fixed now the electrical guru at work sorted it it was a broken earth on the emanage and broken lambda. Whoo runs a treat now.