Tax rebate time!

right folks after paying 2much tax over the last 2 and a bit years my rebate come in 2day!
i was a little overwelmed at the amount:rockon::rockon:

any1 else been getting rebates after the bigtime fuck up the hm revenue have admitted to or even any1 gotta pay some back?:confused:

el_man

Fresh Recruit
ahhh i could really do with one now what the chances of me getting one or would i of got it by now?

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Still waiting myself, they owe me a right amount from last november in emergency tax but still nothing yet :(

gv1.3

Admin
Im wrangling with the revenue service at the moment.... it looks like they owe me 30 grand!! woohoo :) might take a while to get it though.

lingl9z

Member +
Indeed, if the boot was on the other foot though.... I doubt they'd stop pestering you and even involve legal action!

dac69er

Super Moderator
never understood this rebate thing. no one i know personally nor myself has ever had a rebate, but i see it often on this site and via other people i know.

why is this? seems very odd?

nutta

Member +
right folks after paying 2much tax over the last 2 and a bit years my rebate come in 2day!
i was a little overwelmed at the amount:rockon::rockon:

any1 else been getting rebates after the bigtime fuck up the hm revenue have admitted to or even any1 gotta pay some back?:confused:

how much did you get if you dont mind me asking mate??

gv1.3

Admin
never understood this rebate thing. no one i know personally nor myself has ever had a rebate, but i see it often on this site and via other people i know.

why is this? seems very odd?

not sure how it is in the UK Duncan but in Ireland mistakes may be made by your employer etc and over time you can end up paying too much to the tax man. In Ireland you can get in touch with the tax office and get them to check your tax status and they will let you know if there is anything outstanding. Unfortunately you run the risk of them coming back and saying you owe them something.

Last time I checked they owed me 400 quid and got a cheque out to me in a few days! and this time its considerably more so I have had to get an accountant/tax professional involved.