TD04 Boost problem

Jonny1505

Fresh Recruit
Hello guys

Ive fitted a td04l kit to the glanza . Ive noticed that it it very very laggy . Im not getting boost till 4 k rpm and not betting full boost til over 5 rpm .

Now before you ask ive checked the intercooler piping and its sound no leaks . The turbo is near perfect condition no shaft play etc .

Now what i think it is . Ive noticed very crap gaskets on it , they are like cradoardy crap with abit of aluminum pressed on them. I cant find it blowing but would it be possible that its not blowing till on boost ?

Another thing i think it maybe is that my actuator is only held on with one bolt . There abit of play in it and im not sure if its closed full would this cause the turbo to be laggy ? Now the car when on full boost is boost inbetween .5 and .6 bar boost . Im also using a turbo smart boost tee manual boost controller for when i put it up to a bar of boost after the winter.

Should i but genuine subaru gaskets and im going to order that bracket of aidan aswell

Thanks for reading all of this =D and rep will be added for help

turboloon

Member +
yep deffo buy the accuator bracket,as the accuator will be taking up the 'slack' in yer single bolt thats holding the accuator, before it's opening yer waste gate,i'mm hitting full boost on my td04 by 4k(1 bar)

Jonny1505

Fresh Recruit
Yep just sent the payment to aidan and invested in genuine subaru gasket for it as well rep will be given if that sorts it out

JonoPhilpott

Member +
Ive got exactly the same probleeemo.

Pre-Load... Ive an adjustable actuator to reduce laaaag would i want the wastegate to stay shut for longer?? Or open earlier??