td04 conversion

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
You will need to reroute your intercooler pipework, usually need a smaller rad, like a civic rad, uprated clutch and fuelling.mods if u havnt already

rwdrev

Member +
oil and water lines. good gaskets, modified actuator or external wastegate, uprated pump, rising rate fuel regulator, filter relocation kit or a silicone 90 bend, a 90 ali or stainless bend and a filter. easy to do. my motor will be at the meet nxt wkend if u want 2 have a look

baconfrys

Member +
rwdrev yeah deff will get a look going to ditch this cheap ass hybrid heap o shit! thats if i dont decide to break it! its doing my head in now just seems a never ending money pit, if ur passing before then bud swing in past am there most days 8am-8pm

rwdrev

Member +
was a great upgrade on mine, its brill, low down you get turbo chatter which sounds ace when driving in a built up area, and when bootin it with external wastegate sounds AWSOME!!!! (bet folk shit themselves when i nail it past them) lollol. i pass most days, but i am always in the works van, but it will be at the meet, black 82 quad with black team dynamics. mines the same (money pit) but i have the boost bug, and now always buying tuning goodies, lol. but its a great little motor, abit of a shed to look at, but it shows up most 2ltr turbos round here :)

mark1991

Member +
i am going td04 aswell but need a new clutch lol got everything for it just need money for the dastek...:( al see you lot on saturday night ;)

rwdrev

Member +
Is it easy to get external wg on? And how u turn up boost then frm wastegate?

yeah, easy enough if you are handy with a welder, and have a little knowledge of fabrication.
there is 2 ways, either with a manual boost controller, or by running it on spring pressure that is in the wastegate. google it or search the forum, thats how i found out about it.

i am running standard internal at the moment, but lookin into mayb forging

rwdrev

Member +
just thought about the turbo, you might loose the t*t when you try and take the exhaust side of the turbo apart for turning. it was a c*ck of a job with mine, and the turbo looked in good clean condition from a 2002 wrx.

another thing i would recomend is an lsd, or you will be doing massive mono burnouts when you come on boost. mine spins up in 2nd in the dry even with a lsd in.