td04 insurance at 21

starletsam

Member +
hi all was just wondering what sort of insurance you guys got qouted when running a TD04 set up at 1 bar?(or 210bhp roughly) my insurance is up for renewal next month and i have all the stuff to go TD04 so the plan is to put it all on when i start my new policy as for the sake of what i would have to add on now (proberbly like £300+) its not worth it for a month!im 21 years old with 3 years no claims no points ect.clean license.just tried brentacre and got qouted like £1700 if the car was running 210 bhp which seems pretty steep.when i asked about it last year with my current insurer (sky) they said it would be in the region on 1400-1500 with my last year stats (20 years old 2 years NCB)so what roughly are other people paying for the above?

CTR_Timmy

Member +
I would say £1700 seems reasonable as your still very young on a high performance vehicle. It seems that insurance comes down big time once your over 25 regardless of no claims (my personal oppionion anyway.) If you think it is high try getting insured on a stadard impreza/evo as they similar power and i would guess you would find it is alot more.

durmz

Member +
sky insurance is the one, im about to setup new policy with them, much cheaper quote then from flux

starletsam

Member +
Yeh tbh I am yet to find anyone to beat sky and my renewal will most likely be with them I have just been gettin qoutes for now to see what sort of prices to expect although last year sky was alot better than all others so I'm just hoping my renewal is cheap!

Gtstu

Member +
I renewed when I was 21 4 years ncb all mods declared td04 etc £1200 with flux but limited to 3000 miles a year up to 250 bhp

DaveEG

Member +
I got quoted approx £340 to add TD04 and related parts to 210BHP to my premium, which was £1040.

I'm 21 too and 3years no claims with Sky Insurance. Give them a call mate they're very good!

starletsam

Member +
Yeh I know sky are brilliant i'm with them now it's too early to get a renewal qoute though as I renew next month.well can't wait to just get me td04 on and boosting!