Td04 kit on standard

Neil.B1993

Member +
Can I put the Td04 on standard injectors, not change head gasket and no map or will this just create problems. I have all parts minus injectors and metal gasket.

dac69er

Super Moderator
obviously be as light as you can on the pedal. under low boost it will be fine <0.2 bar. but if you start boosting the engine may not last very long at all.

I ran a td04 setup on a bar with standard injectors and oem head gasket no problem, just don't drive it like you stole it everywhere

Neil.B1993

Member +
Did you have it mapped aswell ? As i was just going to run it without having it mapped also my external wastegate has a 1.8 bar spring will this matter ?

It was mapped, don't run it with a 1.8 bar spring in unless you plan on picking engine bits up off the road, I guess your planning in running a bar so you want a 1 bar spring or smaller and make the rest up with a mcb/ebc

Neil.B1993

Member +
Okay so running it without a remap is not a good idea then ? Also where would i find a cheap turbosmart wastegate spring and what psi would 1 bar be ?

bongskag

Member +
have you had the wastegate apart to confirm the spring colour? its quite rare to see a 1.8 bar spring.. unless its some massive drag car wastegate.. 1.8 is 25psi.
mapping is ideal , but you can setup a rrfpr on a dyno to make sure your fueling right at wide open throttle.

if you want over 0.89 bar you will need to get rid of boost cut too,

1 bar is 14.5psi

Neil.B1993

Member +
i havnt no. Im only goin by what the previous owner of it said was in it. He did say he included all springs with it but never received them so gott to try find somewhere that sells them

dac69er

Super Moderator
i havnt no. Im only goin by what the previous owner of it said was in it. He did say he included all springs with it but never received them so gott to try find somewhere that sells them

i would be surprised if it was a 1.8. he probably got confused and its just a 0.8 spring as that is more viable.

5e colin

Member +
you can run a tdo4 on stock ecu and stock feuling around 6 psi i did this and found above 7 it started getting lean a wideband is a must when doing this

Neil.B1993

Member +
Okay thank you. I think its probably easier to just have it mapped. I have everything apart from injectors and the steel HG so its just the matter of getting money together for remap now.

dac69er

Super Moderator
The standard head gasket will be fine. Just stick the injectors in with the rest of the bits and het it mapped to 1.1 bar