td04 manifold blowing

ive been running td04 for about 3 months now and im using a speedvision manifold, when i first fitted it i didnt bother replacing the gasket because it looked ok and it was blowing quite bad so i bought a new manifold to engine block gasket from toyota and its still the same and its getting worse. im going to take the manifold off and see if i can get it skimmed because i recon it must be wharped a bit and not getting a good seal. when i put it back on is it advisable to use i high temp gasket sealant on either side of the gasket before i fit it or is this a bad idea? any help would be good. thanks

yes i have theres no cracks at all and its been like it from day one mate. you can see where irs leaking at one end between the mani and engine block aswell

madman

Member +
Does it have any warranty? WEPR offer lifetime guarantee?

i think you would be wrong there buddy its a 1 year guarantee wepr offer.

to answer your question check the head surface for any obstruction specially around the area where its blowing then if you cannot find anything i would get it skimmed

yes i think ill just get it skimmed and hopefully it sorts it. can i use high temp gasket sealant when i put it back with a new gasket?

dac69er

Super Moderator
if the mani flange is flat, both faces are clean and you use a new toyota gasket then you wont need any spunk on it.