td04 questions

GT_TURBO MAN CAN

Fresh Recruit
well lads bought gt a while ago its nearly completely stock and by the beginning of next summer im aiming to up the hp to around 220. Not alot of money atm so only doing small bits and pieces. But i do plan on puttin biger turbo in i was reading that guide on this site ( http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums...wers-to-the-most-common-questions...&p=534063 ) and recommends the subaru td04. Could someone explain in detail what needs to be done to fit 1, is there any ecu re doing, any mods needed to support it, do u need a scooby manifold or will the stock gt 1 work?

JonoPhilpott

Member +
You will need to get a TD04 Manifold and De-cat ...there are some loverrrrly ones going on here at the moment! *Rep for that ploy hahaha*
For that BHP or there abouts RRFPR and FCD... Thats all im runnning at the mo.
If you wanted to go more than 1.0-1.2 bar then ECU Management is a Must and you may want to consider bigger injectors, FMIC, Electronic Boost controller etc....

GT_TURBO MAN CAN

Fresh Recruit
You will need to get a TD04 Manifold and De-cat ...there are some loverrrrly ones going on here at the moment! *Rep for that ploy hahaha*
For that BHP or there abouts RRFPR and FCD... Thats all im runnning at the mo.
If you wanted to go more than 1.0-1.2 bar then ECU Management is a Must and you may want to consider bigger injectors, FMIC, Electronic Boost controller etc....

thnx man what kind of hp increases do you get from it? I only plan on boosting to .8 bar maaaaaybe .9 tops.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
You ideally need
FMIC with piping to fit. (Autobhann's FMIC can be cut and made to work)

TD04l Rotated with Custom Actuator Bracket or External Wastegate.I advise wastegate.

TD04 Manifold (externally or internally gated.Internal for actuator,external for ext. W/G)

TD04 Decat

Standard Exhaust fits as do most aftermarket ones.I think some of WEPR's dont.

Water Lines (Normal Rubber pipes with good jubilee clips do)

Braided Oil Feed Line.Must be braided with proper connections to hold the pressure)

Oil Return pipe. Traders do these.The oem one can be used from a Glanza but its a botch job.

Boost controller unless you have a patient tuner willing to map it via the actuator.

Honda Civic Half rad.Some of the new design's allow for use of the stock radiator.

Clutch.@ 223bhp i made bits of an OEM clutch and pressure plate.I used the ACT 4 Paddle.No problems.

Fueling Mods.You can use an FPR and an FCD but its a bit like using a stick and string to fish. At least an Emanage blue,better if you can get the ultimate.OR full standalone.

Injectors,once I boosted 1bar my injectors were at 83% duty cycle.This can be fixed with 330cc injectors or an FPR might work in increasing the flow enough.

A good map.

With basically the above set up i made 223bhp ATF and 200.1FT lbs of torque with something like 198 bhp ATW

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
It was over a year ago so memory is a bit fuzzy,but around 4k with alot of the parts being brand new,but that includes coilovers etc

Yes,twice. Once in bishops court the boost controller spiked to 1.6bar and again a week later it did the same thing on a different engine.I just couldnt set it up becasue another member on here used it ok on his impreza.Although he did say it spiked once on him,maybe there was a fault in it.

But once i got a decent boost controller in it no problems,no knock etc

GT_TURBO MAN CAN

Fresh Recruit
It was over a year ago so memory is a bit fuzzy,but around 4k with alot of the parts being brand new,but that includes coilovers etc

Yes,twice. Once in bishops court the boost controller spiked to 1.6bar and again a week later it did the same thing on a different engine.I just couldnt set it up becasue another member on here used it ok on his impreza.Although he did say it spiked once on him,maybe there was a fault in it.

But once i got a decent boost controller in it no problems,no knock etc

What bhp does the standard clutch take?