Td04 results on dyno seem a bit low, ideas

mctagart

Member +
This year i have gone TD04 and im a bit disapointed, somthing doesnt seem quite right so I need some help.

I had a GT CT9 at 1bar last year, RRFPR and FCD and rest of supporting mods which Dynod was making 180.1bhp and 163.6 Torque, its felt quick as shit as my track car but since going TD04 the performance isnt what i expected, i was expecting a slap in the face power difference.

Its now running the same setup on TD04 but this time on the dyno it was only making

142.8bhp and 129.5 tourque at 0.68bar (couldnt adjust actuator unforunatly any more at the time)

i have since put it up to 1 bar at home and its quick but i dont think it feels much quicker than my CT9 at 1bar.

The fueling is running at about 10.5psi at maximum power, does anyone know what could be causing the low power, its making good compression and i get no smoke etc. I was expecting a minimum of 200bhp with this setup.

Any ideas, i have read a couple of previous posts and they mention sorting the fueling. Can someone tell me what Psi i should be running on TD04 for fueling?

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
sounds like you need some decent managment and some mapping not just turning the fuel pressure up.

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
At least get it on a wideband and set the fueling up. Don't just guess. Every engine is different.

Decent management as Paul says would be a much much better option.

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

weeJohn

Lifer
Should be good for 200 bhp at 1 bar with those mods even on standard management, but you need to check fuelling AFRs as stated above.

Rory

Lifer
Check fueling but please dont get hooked on the numbers. There pointless, and mean as much as the bit of paper does!

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Wow mate, correct me if I'm wrong but 10psi fuel pressure?? Should it not be around 3 bar? ... ie around 42 psi? Sounds like you are seriously under fuelling... get it checked asap bud

AdamB

Member +
Wow mate, correct me if I'm wrong but 10psi fuel pressure?? Should it not be around 3 bar? ... ie around 42 psi? Sounds like you are seriously under fuelling... get it checked asap bud

Thats what I thought, thats fuel pressure for idle let alone full throttle.
Probably missfiring like fook under load.

Fro

Member +
Do you mean your afr at wot is 10.5? Or your actual fuel pressure is 10.5psi? Surely if its been on a dyno the person running the car should have been checking these things?