td04 waterlines

ashygt

Member +
al rite ive fitted al my td04 kit but i have one slight problem wer my waterpipes are they touch the turbo or the manifold,so just want to know what other people who have this setup done,like have you got braided hosing for the water pipes or just re routed them a different way,if they are braided hosing wer did you get al your parts from?
07102007107.jpg

07102007106.jpg

can anyone help me?

thanks stu

dantheman

Member +
you will be fine running it without the water lines. i always run mine without the water feed (unless its a roller bearing turbo then you have to run water feed)

Gee

Member +
There was a link posted by Aga about water cooling turbo's. Why would it be there if it was not needed or designed to work with it?

Just get some braided pipe mate.

dantheman

Member +
yes the engine coolant draws heat away from the exhaust side of the turbocharger housing and reduces the temperature of the unit. apparently the reason why turbochargers changed over to being water cooled is the lower temperatures help prevent carbonization of engine oil in the turbocharger.

its no big deal running it without the water feed,obviously turbos were like this before they changed over, so it will be fine. ive run many of my turbos without the water feed over the years without any problems.