TDI South any good for mapping?

Glanza Phil

Member +
hey guys i have asked a few ppl about tdi for mapping and they said that they wouldnt trust anyone else with their car, so thinking this was a pretty good referral i went ahead and booked my car in a couple of weeks ago for the 29th of april. admittedly at £95 plus VAT and hour i was a bit shocked but it is all done on dyno and highly rated so i took a deep breath and paid the deposit.

however a few weeks proir to this i made an enquiry about this and asked how much and if i needed the software and what would i need to do for it to be ready to go wen i get there. i got a reply today saying that the e-manage blue is a pretty rubbish pigyback ecu and they can only get ok ish results and are not doing them anymore? im really confused now. i replied explaining that i have already booked it in and was a bit dissapointed and ill have to come up and see if i have had a wasted trip.

what are peoples views of TDI and what should i do?

dantheman

Member +
mate alot of tuners give the 'emanage or unichip' are rubbish talk, simply because they want to flog you 2 grands worth of omex or similar stand alone :haha: emanage does the job, just like unichip does, get what you pay for.. find out if they will map it, if they wont, go elsewhere..

Glanza Phil

Member +
mate alot of tuners give the 'emanage or unichip' are rubbish talk, simply because they want to flog you 2 grands worth of omex or similar stand alone :haha: emanage does the job, just like unichip does, get what you pay for.. find out if they will map it, if they wont, go elsewhere..

i will turn up i think and see if they can do it i know they are busy so possibly trying to put me off? krissy b had his done there and said they are amazing but i thing he has the ultimate

KrissyB

Member +
i will turn up i think and see if they can do it i know they are busy so possibly trying to put me off? krissy b had his done there and said they are amazing but i thing he has the ultimate

Mine was done at Nick Jones place mate.

TDI's are good but do spend alot of time trying to sell you expensive management as Dan said you get what you pay for.

Go there and see what happens

Glanza Phil

Member +
ok they have said it was the md on the phone and he doesnt know wat he is doing, really not happy with them now seem like a load of shit to me, nver gonna use them or buy anything from them ever, beware of them!

NICK @ TUNING DEVELOPMENTS YOU HAVE A DESPERATE PM!

Matchew

Member +
ok they have said it was the md on the phone and he doesnt know wat he is doing, really not happy with them now seem like a load of shit to me, nver gonna use them or buy anything from them ever, beware of them!

He wont be online till later fella as he works in the day:)

KrissyB

Member +

LOL bit harsh but , each to their own.

whats MD ?????????.

Try AFR Phil

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
mate try atspeed racing there are in rayleigh essex i know the guys there, do a lil wrk with them on track prep cars they do.
they can map greddy stuff matey.
PM me i have there details

Glanza Phil

Member +
yeah managing director!

i have just phoned them and they say that piggy back ecu's are shit and not worth having at all, and you cant map a car at all without a dyno.

fair enough not exact but surely close

not happy at all

cheers krissy b ill phone them now.

any more suggestions for kent?

Matchew

Member +
Lol what they on about im running an emanage like alot of other people on here, like mine and krissyb's car there live mapped without a dyno there just talking bullsh*t.

When i put mine on a dyno they ate there words when they saw the results:)
Seriously dude use Nick it'll be worth the journey if you dont find anyone nearer

Glanza Phil

Member +
not sure who i spoke to but im hoping that nick can fit me in at tuning developments, looks like the drive will be worth it