TDO4 bhp

madmatt

Member +
this mite be a stupid question but is it 230hp at the wheels or at the fly wheel that you can run on standard internals?

thanks

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Power has (almost) nothing to do with what you can run at the wheels. Its all about how good the tune is. You might get 250atw with a td04 on stock internals but its the tune that determines how long your engine will last.

TurboDave

Member +
Even with a good tune though I cant see standard internals standing up very well at 230bhp ATF.

Engine condition is also very important.

:)

Even with a good tune though I cant see standard internals standing up very well at 230bhp ATF.

Engine condition is also very important.

:)

it can and will last with 230whp ---maybe more :p....but its more to do with the tune....its been by several people already for ages------on standard internals

i've seen 200-250whp on oem intermals..........still running strong

and more has been recorded

but i know what u are saying turbodave...as everyone cant achive this....your tuner must know what they are doing....and the engine must be in good nick

gedis

Member +
been running 246bhp(208atw) for awhile with factory engine+headgasket no problems also car has 187k km on it

madmatt

Member +
well my car has dun 140km an i have had it since 110km an have look after it well so hope its ok planing on doing forged it in june.

A lucky one :).

LOLOLOL...that was funny turbodave:p

its not necessarily what tune u ask for.....but u will realise those who run a fair amount of power through stock internal for a long time......normally have a tuner who might be a bit familiar with the 4e/5e engine AND/OR has considerable experience of tuning so they know what works and what does not work

things like this is an art and not necessarily a science