tdo4 problem

WillGT

Member +
as a above i finished my tdo4 setup last night, after it was done i took it for a couple of little spins around the block to check there wer no leaks at all. after i got back everythin was fine. so today i was on my way to the rolling road to get it set up. when i alomst got there i lost boost so i pulled over, did the usual checked all intercooler pipes etc and vacum lines but found nothin, i then got back in the car and could here a squeaking noise from ther front, i new it was the internal wastegate flap clamping agains the decat. my welds had broke on the wastegate:( i then had to turn round and drive home would i have damaged anythin driving it back? i'm so gutted but i had no choice!

Mike_ep91

Member +
no damage would of been done to the turbo as the wastegate wasnt allowing any boost to build up.so car was just running like an n/a.

get it welded up and you'll be grand.

WillGT

Member +
Nothing should have happened buddy.
Get it welded back up, and get it tuned :cool:

yeh will have to, as long as everythin is ok. been worrying about it, oh well just one of those things i guess, thats what you get when you modify lol but we all love it:)