Tdo4l turbo

Shorty

Member +
Im about 2 fit a impreza td04l turbo iv heard it is common. Does any one know wat is involved in this? I hav a manifold and exhaust on order plus new rad. But dnt know if i need any other parts?

Glanza_MK

Member +
Turbo
Manifold
Downpipe
FMIC
New piping for FMIC
Filter and piping
Smaller rad
Fan for rad
Rad cap
Gaskets
Oil banjo lines
Water lines
Uprated fuel pump
SAFC, Emanage, Apexi PFC or similar
Larger injectors

What do you have already?

goldenvtr

Member +
standard injectors will take up to about 200bhp. same as fuel pump but its recomended to change pump just to be sure it dosnt pack up.

aaronw

Member +
what injectors do you recommend? i am in the same boat,got a td04 kit soon being ordered,got an emanage ect just injectors im lacking.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i wouldnt skimp on it mate or youll be regretting it when your engine goes up in smoke, sam from speedvision is selling injectors for 75 quid? wats 75 quid its nothing lol. im getting a pair of 430cc injectors for my td04 kit with e-manage and fuel pump. i dont want me going bang lol

G

gaz_turbo1

dantheman is running 260 bhp on standard injectors 4 bar of fuel pressure

goldenvtr

Member +
put it this way, my mates car woulndt go over 215bhp (glanza with stock pump and injectors) because it was too lean.

Shorty

Member +
Thanks.

Iv gt the manifold and exhaust. Fmic n smaller dual row rad plus pipes on da way. Wats a pfc is that a fuel cut defencer? Not got the injectors or fuel pump yet. Does the ac need to come out?

Asad

Member +
Id go for 440cc injectors and use an emanage to tune if not a standalone unit. The rest of the stuff you'll require is mentioned in the list above and the rest of the thread. Many guys like Dan above running td04l off the impreza so if you ask nicely im sure they'll help :).

Asad

Glanza_MK

Member +
Iv gt the manifold and exhaust. Fmic n smaller dual row rad plus pipes on da way. Wats a pfc is that a fuel cut defencer? Not got the injectors or fuel pump yet. Does the ac need to come out?

Apexi Power FC. Its a standalone ECU. Emanage is a piggyback ECU and the SAFC is a more basic fueling adjuster. I would say you need the emanage or the Power FC.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
the main thing youll need for fueling are these

ECU - piggback or complete standalone unit

uprated fuel pump for safe fuel delivery so its not overworking

injectors to get the correct amount of air / fuel.

without these items and just wacking on a new turbo your engine wont be very healthy!!