tdo6 turbo

billybob

Untrusted Seller
hmm friend of mine is thinking of running a tdo6 hybird on his 1.3 starlet forged that is.im kind of telling him to stay clear of them as he will be drag racing in the near future ,what do you lads think?drag racing id say lucky to get anywere near 13 seconds running that turbo;)anyone here running this sort of turbo on there 1.3,also he has the funny feeling he can take a 5e engine turboed on the top end.any input on these issues i can soon put this to rest

Last edited:

Phil

Super Moderator
think the greddy one may be a bit better lag wise than say the td05 that daveB ran on the 5e.

check animalgts videos on youtube he is running a td06 20g greddy one. a brave bit of lag(alot) and plenty of wheelspin.

Phil

billybob

Untrusted Seller
think the greddy one may be a bit better lag wise than say the td05 that daveB ran on the 5e.

check animalgts videos on youtube he is running a td06 20g greddy one. a brave bit of lag(alot) and plenty of wheelspin.

Phil

hmmmm i tought he was running tdo4;)

Phil

Super Moderator
i tought i taw a puddy cat.

nah greddy td06 and some sorta hydra ecu? dont think anyone really like those ecus tbh.

Phil

billybob

Untrusted Seller
i tought i taw a puddy cat.

nah greddy td06 and some sorta hydra ecu? dont think anyone really like those ecus tbh.

Phil

ya seems il be running motec for my drag setup seems to be the job.:)ive a nice selection of turbos to choose from :cool:

billybob

Untrusted Seller
once we get the intake side sorted on this bad boy im good to go the motec should sort my antilag out :haha::haha:
worldsbiggestturbocharger.jpg

Idrees

Banned
HAHAHA:haha::haha:dont get me wrong ive been running 4e for years seems the 5e is a whole different story on the top end ,:)

Everyone goes on about how the 4E "revs better" - including Trevors engine builder, Steve. Just going on what I've been told. I wanna go 5E eventually too.

Aye,but the antilag would destroy alot of parts before i was set up right,looks at garys manifold sure

Never said it would'nt anti-lag is a harsh on alot of things but to get the good potential out of such a big turbo on a 4e it would be a must imo.

Fatman

Member +
td06 of any trim will be pretty damn laggy but drag racing is about the only situation where it would actually be useful... if you can keep it spooled between gear changes and it's not SO laggy that it falls off boost badly then you could be laying down better times than you think.

Getting off the line with a 5.5k spool quickly is a bit tricky