Tein Mono Coilovers

stuart

Member +
Hi guys.

I've got the mono flex's on my car at the moment, anyone who's been in it will tell you its far too hard, espcially for even a short drive... You can tell when I run over a fkin ant :homer:

I assume that I can adjust the coilovers, to be softer? Any tutorials on how to do this?

(Yes noobie question I know!)

Thanks

~ Stu

Last edited:

Spoonz

Member +
there is a dial on the top of "most" coilovers with numbers and on the back there is sometimes a dial for the same

Sparky

Member +
Swap for my Teins? :p

There are damping adjustment but if they are track coilovers they wont go very soft, only other option is gettin softer springs put on them

stuart

Member +
Lass won't even get in the car :/ - that drive to wales, I got out looking like a hunch back. Surely can adjust the settings of them? I bloody hope so! - If not they are going up for sale....

MentaLEP91

Member +
mono flex is a very hard suspension, made up mostly for track usage.

if they are on the softer tune of their top mounts, they cant go softer.

weakboy2

Member +
unless someone has preloaded the springs alot ? as monoflex adjust ride hight the proper way... via the hub mount thus not affecting the spring preload. Thats all i can suggest is that you check how much the main spring is loaded up by loosening the lock rings until the spring is loose. ideally for as much softness as you could hope for without changing the springs you want them to be just loaded up enough that they wont rattle when you got over rough ground.

Most likely though you have hard spring rates unfortunatly.

Seanmcn

Member +
I have the Type flex suspension and its not that hard! even on its harded setting.

Do u have the adjusters on the top mounts??

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
maybe give tein uk a ring and tell them your problem, model of coilovers and see what other springs they can do for you.

turbok79

Member +
iv got mono flex with the electronic harder and softer box. fitted 4 steping motors to each strut and pluged it all in cost about £250 from cam skills. you can chose different settings. there are adjusters on the bottom of the front ones, and on the top of the rear ones. and when the car is jacked up you want too be able to move the spring.