Temperamental problem!

m14caa

Member +
Hi guys, just need a bit of info really and see if anyone thinks differently to me, I keep having this problem every so often, driving down the road and the car will just go all weird, revs keep bouncing up and down and no power at all, put my foot down and an all mighty back fire kicks out, think I have someone a heart attach yesterday when this happened, then it will be fine, then it will happen again and stall but when I try to turn it back over it just clicks, no starter turn, if I take off the earth to the gearbox, clean the lug and bolt it back up it will fire, I think it's poor earth to the ecu or poor earth in general, I have got other earth leads around the engine bay but not one to the ecu, thoughts would be helpful just incase it may be something else I could check

Thanks
Macca

STARLET N/A

Member +
if the earth is causing you the problem then check all of them, take them off one by one and clean them ( get good metal to metal contact, use fine sand paper). make sure the battery terminal is nice and tight.

there are many earths all round the engine bay, inlet manifold, ignitor on bulk head............ but there are many more

studoc72

Member +
Check your battery and that ur alternator is charging it properly if not i reckon it will be the earth on the end of your inlet mani.