Terrorist attacks in Mumbai

gv1.3

Admin
I have been watching the news reports on this for the past couple of days. Its sad to see how they have singled out Americans, English and Jews.

Apparently the attacks have been claimed by a radical islamic group and I think like always they have hit the most vulnerable people such as the 13 year old American girl who was killed etc... all of these attacks are about as cowardly as you can get. It appears these extremist islamic followers are so weak, cowardly and stupid they can neither get their point across through dialogue or fight in a non-cowardly fashion.

Everything they are and stand for should be condemned they are a disgusting group of people.

ChrisGT

Member +
Shocking mate, really is.

My mum has a couple friends who work in Oberoi's and they were there on the day but they managed to get out fine although one was injured!

parkiboy

Member +
Athisim is the way forward... religion is often the center of violence..

Whats happening really does suck, the problem is we cannot communicate properly with these people, they still behead, hang people, hunt witches etc... these days we have atleast some morals... these people are litteraly 100s of years behind us. We was like it at one point but the technology available to them ie weapons and easy transport makes the problem global and alot more extreme.

They need to realise people dont live like that anymore and play catch up.

Dave.

Member +
Couldn't agree more, I don't know what the solution really is, but then again, no one does.

Its a disguisting state of affairs, and a horrific example of how horrible people are. Especially in this 'civilised' day and age.

gv1.3

Admin
I have no real religious beliefs but I think people that have should be allowed have them. I believe tolerance is the way forward unfortunately if you believe anything different to these cowards you are a target.

The problem is they are cowards in our eyes, but for them it is the way they were brought up. If people were to rebel against them using violence then it would teach them nothing only for them to think about how they could again blow people up more.

Well thats what I think anyway,, still dont know how to solve the problem but I know retaliation wont do it:shoot::slap:

nottyash

Fresh Recruit
Religion or whatever, there is just no excuse for this.
I wonder what is in their heads when they go off and do this sort of thing.:confused::confused::confused:

munday

Member +
To be honest its amazing this hasnt happened before...with 20 official religions and around 400 unofficial religions im surprised there hasnt been more conflict.

Terrible situation though for sure, hope it gets resolved soon!

nottyash

Fresh Recruit
There is talk some of these knobheads may of been British:eek:.

I think Pakistan has a lot to answer for.
Thing is they both have Nukes so could get messy.

gv1.3

Admin
yeah heard about them possibly having British passports. This would make their travel and movement in general a lot easier.

I dont think they should be allowed to be called or referred to as British though.

Dave.

Member +
I agree Dylan.

Did you see the undercover mosque program that was on TV recently?

If they can teach things like that within the UK, imagine what they 'teach' people abroad...

I'm without a doubt an aetheist, and I think Religion serves a purpose (motivating people, encouraging them to think that they are part of a greater good and so on). But I can't see how anyone could twist a faith into thinking that the murders/suicide bombers/extremists of this level are acceptable...

Dave

nottyash

Fresh Recruit
yeah heard about them possibly having British passports. This would make their travel and movement in general a lot easier.

I dont think they should be allowed to be called or referred to as British though.

:rockon:Totally agree

lanxter

Member +
totally and utterly wrong what these people have done,but i feel as a country we are too soft with too many do gooders. i personally would like to see tougher punishment for people like this, not being locked up in a cell getting sky tv a ps3 and regular meals i thin they should endure great pain as a message to other extreamists what you get for being an extreamist.

faisalgtturbo

Member +

lol

even if they were born here

i think these people are fcuked in the head they deserve punishment
Islam is about peace...

Jules-B

Member +
I have been watching it non stop, all the live action on cnn as that is the only channel in english where i am atm!

With the religion thing. this is obviously a very touchy subject, but was talking to my uncle the other day whos wife is religious (church every sunday and puts on all sorts of events etc)
He said that his children are being brought up with this, and they dont have a choice in the matter..and they will bring there kids up like this aswell etcetc.
Personally and this is my opinion!. If somone really did come down and do all these wonderful things, surely somone would have thought, bloody hell lets write this down, rather than waiting 70 years before somone actually did..

jamesbaa

Member +
Religion in my opinion is aload of bull, all its ever done is cause wars and segrigation towards other people!!!

gv1.3

Admin
lol

even if they were born here

i think these people are fcuked in the head they deserve punishment
Islam is about peace...

Im glad you can "lol" given the nature of the thread I think its a bit weird to be honest.

And yes even if they were born in the UK.. Im sure any normal British people wouldnt want to be associated with that shower of cowardly murdering scum.

You say islam is about peace, I have seen otherwise but lets not turn this into a praise islam thread its about murdering animals.