Tesco super and V Power

Spoonz

Member +
Now has alot of people know v power have a problem with there production so alot of garges are running out for the time bein and puttin there prices up (£1.26 here)

so my question is, is there a big differance between the 2?

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Certainly no production problems here and its £1.13 also.

I wouldnt use any other fuel bar V-Power. Fill a tank with V-Power and Tesco 99 and V-Power you'll get more miles for one and most mappers prefer to map on V-Power also.

V-Power is seen more of a hard driving/race type fuel where as Tesco 99 is seen as a more greener.

Performance wise ... who knows, you need to map both on the same RR and see what you get. Id reckon V-Power would give more gains.

martin82

Member +
ive used vpower (i still call it optimax as it sounds cooler) pretty much since day 1 with mine but when i have used tesco 99 (when you get the 5p off your fill up for example) i cant say ive noticed any difference in performance & if there is any difference then i sure cant spot it, although mine only has minor mods to it.

With prices as they are at the moment i just go for the closest i can find as its not worth travelling .

P5ycho

Member +
well 20 quid worth of tesco super gave me about 90 miles, where as 20 quid worth of shell unleaded gave me 180, vpower should give me 180 plus