TGTT Track Day - ALL PARTICIPANTS PLEASE READ!!!!!

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Hi guys,

We have finally made it and the track day is only 2 days away. The track have been paid so everyone is a happy camper right now! Just a few things that EVERYONE needs to know for the day.

The Day

The gates open at 8.30am and it would be best if everyone can get there for 9am at the latest, remember that it's ok to be early but come late and you'll miss the safety briefing. Signing on will be at 9.10am and the briefing is at 9.30am. Track time begins at 10am.

I WILL WEAR MY WORKS HI VIZ JACKET FIRST THING IN THE MORNING TO IDENTIFY MYSELF, PLEASE MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN TO ME SO I KNOW WHO HAS TURNED UP AND WHO HASN'T.

YOU MUST BRING YOUR DRIVERS LICENCE IN ORDER TO SIGN ON (BOTH PARTS)!

Safety

You will NEED a helmet and long sleeves, these aren't an optional extra! The track have roughly 10 helmets which can be hired but if you can get your hands on one I would. I won't be apologising for anyone who can't rent one on the day. It may be an idea to share one with friends if possible, failing that get on ebay! They have to be British Standard approved however this will only be checked if they are clearly shit!

Cars

Your car has to be roadworthy to be allowed on track and this will be checked if your car appears to be a bag of shit (everyone on here should be fine).

There is an absolute limit of 105db at the track which is officially well loud. This is self imposed by the track and not a legal requirement but be aware of it. I have been told that they never check but you may be the one they check. If you are seriously worried I suggest you buy a silencer.

You will want to check the condition of your car before you go out on track and throughout the course of the day, this list will be by no means exhausted:

Engine - Make sure that all fluids and oils are topped up and in good condition, the last thing you want is a seized and overheated engine or the blame for the track being closed for cleaning for a while! Make sure it's all up to temperature before going out on track and make sure you let it cool down with the engine running before turning it off. Check the fluids after each session on the track. If you are worried about reliability then stick to a RPM limit, noone will be forcing you to hit the limiter! Take some extra fluids and oil in case you end up using some!

Brakes - One of the most important parts on the track will be the ability to stop! The brakes are likely to get very hot and you may experience some fade out on the track, something which will fill the underwear of people who haven't had it before as they approach the Bus Stop! If you are experiencing brake fade then allow them to cool by easing the speed off for a few laps! Beofre you go on the track make sure they are in good nick with good life left in the pads and no cracks in the disk. Try to leave the car in gear rather than holding the car on the brakes or handbrake when you come off the track as that is a great way to warp your disks! I would recommend new fuild for the day too with a quality fluid that will take the heat.

Tyres - The only part of your car that is in contact with the ground, remember that! Llandow is known to be a tyre killer, especially the front passenger side so keep an eye on tread levels and general condition during the day and consider rotating them. If your end up off the track make sure you check the condition of the wheels and tyres before making the decision to carry on. Check the tyre pressures after each session.

In general remove any loose items on the exterior of the car and secure all items within the car itself.

Most of all remember to have fun! Noone will win any prizes for being the fastest out there so drive to your limit and consider everyone else on the track with you. I look forward to meetiong everyone on the day!

Last edited:

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
Hi guys,

We have finally made it and the track day is only a week away. The track have been paid so everyone is a happy camper right now! Just a few things that EVERYONE needs to know for the day.

a week away?!? i thought it was on saturday?

edit: 3rd of july, phew, thought i'd made a fuck up then,

Starlet_Sam

Shhhhh... don't bring attention to the fact that I copied and pasted my post from last year!

Sparky

Member +
Damn off up to JapShow tonight, would of liked a spy, shame the two events clashed :(

Was awsome last year!!

Hope you guys get lots of good pics and videos :)

Starlet_Sam

Unavoidable unfortunately, I booked the track before they announced the dates. Doesn't seem to have hindered us though.

Sparky

Member +
I know most people are trekking up to JapShow on the sunday, thats commitment, I may do the same yet I'm unsure.

Starlet_Sam

Well you'll be more than welcome. You may even be able to grab some dirt cheap track time if there's any space left on the day.

Sparky

Member +
The GT is still off the road, wont be ready until next year. If I do show my face I will be in the Glanza rep :p lol