thats my new engine in :D

garya

Fresh Recruit
finally got the new engine in and running only thing thats staying on is the engine management light. heres some pics of the old and new one :D
myoldnackerdep822.jpg

102_0044.jpg

garya

Fresh Recruit
i will get my local garage to check it when it goes for the mot.i think it could be a wire maybe my dad noticed a blue wire that wasnt connected to anything its not live but it seems to be coming out from the loom so that could be why but i aint 100% plus i dont even no what the wire is for lol

could be oil pressure sensor as lots of guys jus cut them when taking engine out as i dont think its easy move when engines in the car..dono would the car start it that was it doh maybe someone could help the guy out here??

garya

Fresh Recruit
i will get a pic of it posted tomorrow guys .well everything was connected when i turned it on only thing was just that wire tho i cant even remember if it was connected or not on the old engine lol

garya

Fresh Recruit
cheers ian for all the help and info mate and thanks for the rad the other one i had was well nackerd lol.the rad fan is on constant tho but i think theres corrosion in the plug thing do you know if i can buy a new one or fix it mate

sam starlet

Member +
rad fan stays on when AC has been taken out, you need to bridge two of the connectors. im sure someone would have a pic of the connectors. hope you find the fault too mate.

garya

Fresh Recruit
cheers sam.Do you think i will get any money for my old engine anyone, the bottom end has gone tho??

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Id say about 100ish. If its a complete engine, rocker covers, cyl head etc etc. Cant see why it wouldnt make that or abit more.