The AC won't turn on -(((((( How to fix it? Where to look?

Paul_JJ

Member +
I press the AC button it starts for a few seconds, the RPM goes up how it should, then it turns itself off and even though the button is staying pushed in the green light is flashing - so it looks to me like something is wrong somewhere.

I rarely use it, but it never failed me in the past any ideas???

No ecu error codes or any other problems as far as I know.

Thank you!

Guye

Lifer
When that happened to me it turned out to be some moisture in the connector for the A/C compressor harness. That was the only time I got the flashing green light on the a/c button. Did you drive through any water recently?

dac69er

Super Moderator
Sounds like the issue could be that you barely use it. Probably needs a recharge. I would double check all connectors first to be sure though

Paul_JJ

Member +
When that happened to me it turned out to be some moisture in the connector for the A/C compressor harness. That was the only time I got the flashing green light on the a/c button. Did you drive through any water recently?

Have you got a picture of that harness by any chance? or where is it located?

No, I didn't drive through water recently!

Paul_JJ

Member +
Sounds like the issue could be that you barely use it. Probably needs a recharge. I would double check all connectors first to be sure though

Well I turn it on every month or so, yes I use it rarely due to the UK climate -))) But I always turn it on for a minute or so to lubricate the bearing, as I was told it helps to prolong the life of the AC. It was recharged last year by the way and it did show pretty good results +6C Air was blowing, an engineer said to me that it is Really good result.

dac69er

Super Moderator
On the aircon compressor as far as i can remember. If not follow the wires, its not far from the wiring connector

Paul_JJ

Member +
On the aircon compressor as far as i can remember. If not follow the wires, its not far from the wiring connector

Erm, never paid attention to the AC wiring. Do I have to get under the car to see it? Is it somewhere close to the oil filter?

Paul_JJ

Member +
I wonder it could have something to do with the oil I spilled while changing the oil filter...

Thank you for your reply guys! I will check it out!

Paul_JJ

Member +
Thanks to everyone!

Sorted now. Turned out to be an earth cable under the oil filter - it was damaged - probably I've done it accidentally when changing the oil filter...