The diffrence an intercooler pipe can make

A while back i had the car rolling roaded and was only making 160bhp on a hybrid @ 1.2 bar lol.Sus'd it down to the intercooler pipe from turbo to core was too small and restricting it.Re-done the pipe and route and had it dyno'd again today........result?

189.8@ the fly :) Its now a touch rich and my rrfpr has adjusted itself to just under 3.5bar.:homer: Duncan rekons it could maybe just touch 200 if we messed about a little on the GCC and on a colder day :) Dunno if i'll bother though.To re-do the intercooler pipe cost me £8.So technically i got 29bhp for under a tenner ! :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
surely at 1.2 bar you should easily achieve 200bhp?
that is an impressive improvement, how restrictive was your original pipe? must have been running through a bit of 2mm boost hose or something?

Power figures will always be topic for disscusion,whos to say i went to Dastek and pulled 200+,remember they said i was pulling 203 on a standard ct9 @ 1 bar lol.The restrictive pipe was the original autofixed one.Its actualy SMALLER than a standard TMIC pipe lol. So i used a TMIC upside down,then silicone bends and a joiner off a wing mount s13 cooler.Works really well :) Im not sure if i want to get the GCC trimmed,getting rid around October time anyway.