Thermostat housing - missing sensor??? HELP PLEASE

sdutton007

Member +
Does anybody know what the missing sensor on the glanza thermostat housing is for? And I assume that its not important?

My broken EP82 engine
dsc00005wn.jpg

New Glanza Engine:
dsc00003r.jpg

Mike D EP82

Member +
can you not swap the original housing from the broken engine and swap it over instead of this hassle trying to figure out why there is a missing sensor or hole. will save time and get you going quicker also

sdutton007

Member +
can you not swap the original housing from the broken engine and swap it over instead of this hassle trying to figure out why there is a missing sensor or hole. will save time and get you going quicker also

Yeah I could probably do that assuming I dont need new gaskets or seals inside? And assuming that I can still get to it now that everything is back together again.

I was mainly wondering what the sensor does and why the glanza seems to do without it :S

Mike D EP82

Member +
its probably a gauge sensor or such. maybe the glanza has a sensor that does 2 things rather than one. it should seal no bother im sure theres a gasket on the inside. i just used instant gasket to stic it back on again. shouldnt be a problem to get it off unless you have an intercooler pipe in the way

sdutton007

Member +
its probably a gauge sensor or such. maybe the glanza has a sensor that does 2 things rather than one. it should seal no bother im sure theres a gasket on the inside. i just used instant gasket to stic it back on again. shouldnt be a problem to get it off unless you have an intercooler pipe in the way

I'll probably give it a go at some point - just got the car running tonight, just need to do the driveshafts, exhaust and hazard lights for the MOT tomorrow. cross ur fingers for me cheers lol

sdutton007

Member +
lol good luck mate hope you get it sorted in time. your cutting it close with the mot tomorrow lol

dammit u jinxed me lol. the driveshafts needed some work since the previous owner of the box must have hammered them out so the threads were destroyed at the end :S

everything else is done now except the horn and hazard lights but they'll be done tomorrow morning with any luck, and the MOT is thurs. wish me luck lol cheers