THINK BIKE (Please Read)

Auto EP82

Lifer
Hey all well today i was sat at a junction i looked both ways and everything was clear so i started to pull out slowly and saw a head light i slamed the brakes on but it was too late a scooter went into the front of my car.Now the bloke on the scooter was not in the wrong i was.Luckily he is ok and did not even go to hospital but both his scooter and my car are fucked.So please people be carefull on junctions and look out for bikes.

Cheers pete.

Auto EP82

Lifer
Yeh i am really pissed off about the car but im so glad the bloke was ok i was nearly in tears when he was on the floor as i had a very simular bike accident 4 years ago and lost my leg.Got to ring him tomorro and see how he is doing.

Julian-ep91

Member +
im thinking or getting a bike as it will be easier to get to work, im a bit worried though as i know how dangerous they are. Glad no-one was hurt in your accident

Gilly2006

Member +
sorry to hear about that fella, they can be hardwork at times. glad you both got out of the situation ok and alive.

zero

Fresh Recruit
For shame *gives you a slap on the wrist*
drivers need to think more when you see a biker. they can appear to be going much slower then they actually are. its not easy for a biker to serve aswell! and we've got no abs either.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
sorry to hear mate, whats most important is that you & the biker where not hurt... cars & bikes can be replaced.. lifes or limbs cant...

we read way to many horror stories of members or fiends getting hurt this time of year.. keep it safe out there ppl!!

have an extra pair of eyes & dont drive if tired!

kon

Gilly2006

Member +
i used to drive a long wheel based sprinter up and down london quite alot and it was a NIGHTMARE with the motorbikes and cyclists, don't know how i didn't hit anyone but you just have to be soo careful.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
tonight after driving home from keith (a 7 minute drive) i had to take the long way around as the valley i have to pass through would have been flooded...

the drive went well, but as i got to what i thought would be a decent road, (due to the rain it didnt show) there was a layer of an inch of water, which with semi slics caused me to slide.. god forbid i pressed my breaks or was going faster tahn 40kmph..

moral of the story:

be ready for the unexpected this time of year lads n ladies!!

kon

Auto EP82

Lifer
cheers everyone.I rang the bloke this morning and he is abit saw but ok im so glad he is ok.I rang the insurance company and they have said the car is a write off.But i will be fixing it myself it may take a couple of months but i will get her back on the road.

lingl9z

Member +
cheers everyone.I rang the bloke this morning and he is abit saw but ok im so glad he is ok.I rang the insurance company and they have said the car is a write off.But i will be fixing it myself it may take a couple of months but i will get her back on the road.

atleast your both alright mate, sorry to hear about the write off, any pics of the damage? Good luck with fixing it up =)

Auto EP82

Lifer
will put a pic up later but yeh they said the repares would cost to much so they would write it off but i already have a bumper and bonnet just need drivers wing,both head lights,drivers side fog light and the the support bar at the front.Hopfully i will have it fixed as soon as posible.

lingl9z

Member +
will put a pic up later but yeh they said the repares would cost to much so they would write it off but i already have a bumper and bonnet just need drivers wing,both head lights,drivers side fog light and the the support bar at the front.Hopfully i will have it fixed as soon as posible.

Thats good to hear mate atleast you've a few parts on standby so shouldnt cost you too much!

Seanmcn

Member +
im thinking or getting a bike as it will be easier to get to work, im a bit worried though as i know how dangerous they are. Glad no-one was hurt in your accident

I have a bike just for college and wrk! It is grand but you really need to keep any eye on cars, they go everywhere!!

Auto EP82

Lifer
Here are a few pics for people that wanted to see what damage a scooter can do to a car.

P160109_092701.jpg

P170109_1435.jpg