Thinking of making a return

dan

Member +
As the title says, im thinking of coming back to the ep world. After only having my GT for about 9 months before it got wrote off then going on to the GSR and since then having had my daughter ive just been in the family type of cars.

Now shes a little older and we dont need the big ass pram and we can get a bugger in the boot of our 206 im thinking of coming back to an ep.

Still not 100% sure yet as the main thing for me is the saftey of my daughter and having my car wrote off after someone shunted me from behind from 2 foot isnt really pushing me to get one.

I do miss them, the fun they are and the cost of running etc, im still torn tho wether to get something newer or get the EP.

I feel my EP was taken from me too soon and I couldnt fully enjoy her and the only reason i went to the GSR was because there was naff off decent GTs about in my price range at the time.

How do people with Kids find the GT? I know kelly has had her son it it no worries and Stu with his little girl, but theres jsut something in the back of my mind.

what to do, what to do.

sanchez

Member +
Do it matey, come back to the EP world :D

Maybe go for a Glanza then mate, as they are a little bit more updated and 'modern' than the GT...

dan

Member +
Do it matey, come back to the EP world :D

Maybe go for a Glanza then mate, as they are a little bit more updated and 'modern' than the GT...

Yeah I had thought of the Glanza but i much prefer the look of the Gt, but i guess for what I want the glanza could be more suited.

is there any safety upgrades with the glanza over the GT? i never really looked into it.

dan_ep82

Member +
Yeah I had thought of the Glanza but i much prefer the look of the Gt, but i guess for what I want the glanza could be more suited.

is there any safety upgrades with the glanza over the GT? i never really looked into it.

yes airbags and ABS on most glanzas GT's with abs are rare

richglanzav

Member +
think i read on jays thread that they have stronger side impact bars and strengthened chassis due to slightly heavier/sturdier materials also. so defo a safer car.

Guye

Lifer
think i read on jays thread that they have stronger side impact bars and strengthened chassis due to slightly heavier/sturdier materials also. so defo a safer car.
Agreed. Driver and passenger airbags are a plus with the Glanza...ABS on the whole have caused a few scares for me when it cuts in at ridiculous times (I prefer strong, well balanced brakes with good pedal feel over ABS). You can "feel" the extra weight, sturdiness when driving a Glanza compared to a GT, the GT just feels more "raw".

dan

Member +
busted dan dino!!! :p

haha what you on about, it was no secret :p told broomy last night n e ways. Just have to see how things pan out.

Thanks for the info guys, just going to see what the current situation is with our laguna, its in the garage today and if the problem is expensive then im scrapping it and will invest in another starlet.

Much appreciated peoples.

dan

Member +
hadnt really considered them tbh.

First thought was back to the GT as im quite lucky in knowing a fair few people who know these cars inside out, including Nick @ tuning developments.

I'll have a butchers n e ways.

stuart

Member +
Get one man, soon soph will be saying 'daddy make it go vroom tshh again please' - Had no problems with my little un mate, just a pain every now and again having to push the seat forward to strap her in but other than that, no problems at all!

dan

Member +
Get one man, soon soph will be saying 'daddy make it go vroom tshh again please' - Had no problems with my little un mate, just a pain every now and again having to push the seat forward to strap her in but other than that, no problems at all!

haha yeah man. She'd love it!

yeah but tbh majority of the time we'd probably be in the pug which is 5 door so not to bad there.

Will keep you posted n e ways what the plan is.