Thinking of side exit???

Rossi-GTturbo

Member +
Im thinking of getting a side exit exhuast but surly i will be lossing back compression?

i know the boost will come early but what are the downsides of doing this?

h3ppy

Member +
just to let you no they sound ridiculous.........somethin like a tractor on idle!!

apart from that i dont think there are any down sides? some people on here have them tho and they will be able to tell you more info!

starbogt

Member +
Everyone has there own opinions on these I wanted 1 to reduce weight but they can be loud in some cases which puts me off cos I would like to do track days etc. I suppose with a good silencer they would be quite worthwhile. its only a matter of a few brackets and having it made up shouldn't cost too much.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
got mine done for 100£

I will be changing to a rear exhaust again on my new set up. Thought i would try this out as it was soo cheap....

The side exit on my car has no silencer either and trust me when i say its defening on full boost with the window down... Around town as well your alwasy weary about police as its attracts so much attention even when not booting it.....

danturbo4311

Member +
Got one on mine but have a hks back box on it, and wouldnt say its really that loud, only on boost, also got an omex rev limiter with launch control so when i want it to be loud it is.

Also dont no why but a couple of people who have had front exits that i no of have blown headgaskets or pistons after a short time (like i did) maybe just co insidence but not sure

Dan3SGTE

Member +
since my side exit ive blown a turbo and now my piston is on its way out all within about 2 months of being on the road... Was running perfect for 8 months solid with no problems before the new exhaust. Could also just be a coincidence.....

enright82

Member +
mine cost me £20 to make, and its quieter there than out the rear, and it sounds awsome on boost, the boost comes in really early which i think is good on the small starlets, i think a screamer pipe will make a similar noise to the side exit. remember its each unto there own, if ur not a fan of loud exhausts then id stay rear exit IMO. thas my tu pence

danturbo4311

Member +
I think i jinxed myself when i said about the headgasket as i went out last night and guess what think iv blown it again got toed home, just done compression test its blown between cylinders 3 & 4 as its got no pressure going back to normal exhausy so may well sell the side exit or swap.