Third Party Fire & Theft?

skyinsurance

Member +
Hmmm.... but dont you have to have a car thats valued at less than £1000?

thanks

Tom

No. On our car club scheme we wont insure any car valued over £5k TPFT, but equally went wont insure any car valued under £2k fully comp. These are our rules and each insurance company will differ.

yes you still get a bonus regardless of it being TFPT or Comp. They usually only insure up to a value of £5000 on tfpt so no putting an impreza (sh!tbox) on tfpt is not a good idea lol as this only cover Third party damage and Fire and Theft of your own

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
just be extra careful not to crash at your own fault, and if you do its not always major damage so just repair it :)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i find that tpft is either the same price or sometimes more than fully comp???

Seriously?

Ive always always no matter what insurance companies ive gone to or got a quote from been charged more less for Fully Comp.... On my EK9 i went for TPFT as it was only £750 and its group 20 insurance so wanted to keep it to a minimum......

dac69er

Super Moderator
never usually much in it. sometime a little less on tpft but its usually only about £10-£20 less so not worth bothering with.

im sure it was last year on my starlet renewal. i asked about tpft and they said it would be around £10 more than fully comp!?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
on the EK mate i was getting pretty silly quotes... On my company now £750 TPFT and £2000 Fully comp!! Dumb arses! When my starlet on other company was only £1100 Full comp with all mods declared!!

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I called my insurers not long ago to change to Fully Comp and they said it wasent worth the hassel. If the car was involved in an accident they would probally write it off anyway, also said it was only a few quid more aswell, nothing in it at all.