this doesnt sound good

Sigma

Member +
Sounds like something's clattering?

Quite difficult to make out with the video.

Is it down on power at all?

corofin12345

Member +
there sounds like several different rattles, hard to tell whether it is going to be expensive

the last gearbox that was in my car made the same noise and it was the bearing... if he presses the clutch pedel and if the sound isnt there its the bearing

Spoonz

Member +
don't worry bout reving it just put clutch down sounds like your release bearing sounds identical to mine

Dan3SGTE

Member +
have you tried the clutch yet?

If it makes a noise from box when clutched is engaged then its the release bearing, if it makes a noise when released and while driving then its your mainshaft bearing in the box. Sounds like grinding metal.

durmz

Member +
ok, from the sounds of things its the clutch release bearing then, no grinding of any sort that i can hear of, well not above the boot rattling anyways.

but yea, like said, when i dip the clutch it quietens right down, u can hear it if ure looking for it still, but like a tenth of the noise.

so basically, im skint, can this wait? or is it something that needs attention, ive driven around in it tonight no probs, clutch works fine

i wouldnt worry bot release bearing!

i went through two gearboxes due to wrong oil been used and they severley crunched

ist one lasted 10,000miles or so

2nd one over 15,000miles and still goin with new owner id say:rockon:

kellygt

Member +
I'd fix it if I were you my release bearing broke in my old Gt turbo and the bearings went through the pressure plate into my gearbox destroying it :(

ibz

Member +
mines been rattling for about 10 months maybe. and the car gets loads of abuse. clutch has just started to slip now tho

durmz

Member +
Hmm, I rekn it can wait a month or two then, and while I'm there ile go nuts ad get a light flywheel and decent clutch lol