This is NOT April fools...

Gee

Member +
I have never been a massive fan of F1, but I am starting to show more interest and follow it now.

It seems that the stewards had it in for McLaren last year and the same is happening now!

Really not sure why they keep having all the bad luck.

Is it because he is still in theory a 'rookie' who is cleaning up?

Is it because he is black? (LOL)

It is a real shame, but if the reason they gave is actually true, well....dunno. :(

GTti

Member +
Trulli slidoff (His mistake)
Hamilton passes (Safety car must have just come out)
Maclaren / Hamilton let Trulli past again
Trulli penalized for over taking during a safety car (25 seconds)
Hamilton promoted to 3rd
FIA then penalize Hamilton for Trulli's mistake (25 seconds)

So Hamilton gets no points!

Unreal!

davehart

Member +
I dont know what this extra evidence was as I doubt we will ever hear the pit-car radio transmission and they wont publish it.

As ever in F1 they make a decision and dont explain why it was made, that pisses me off about F1 at times.

Gee

Member +
Its a shame that results of races are never definitive. All depends on what the stewards come up with after the race. :(

steo800

Member +
before this thread gets long and boring im gonna throw my say in here as i was sick of reading the shit all last year

if the FIA have have penalised mclaren, hamilton, or whoever it may be, they have good reason to.

I hate coming on and reading everyones posts about how corrupt it is and that its ferrari biased bla bla bla.

if they have been penalised, then, it has been proven thay have broken the rules/gained unfair advantage or whatever you wanna call it.

do you think any team is gonna let a decision go if they genuinely beleive they were in the right?

davehart

Member +
Quite right there ste in many respects.

That said, some explanation to what they did wrong would help clarify the matter.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
im sorry but that isnt something i agree with, they are very strict towards mclaren.

how can you explain the spy row last year, when mclaren got that huge fine and stripped all there points, and then renault did the same later in the year and only got a fine? how is that justice or fairness?

any oppertunity to fuck mclaren and they take it

steo800

Member +
i remember last year any time mclaren were penalised everyone moaning, but i remember thinking each time, the fia are right.

the only one example i can remember 100% was the belgium grand prix

hamilton couldnt make the corner, so cut the chicane but let kimi back past, then outbraked him into the first corner.

now look at it like this, if there was a wall at the chicane, hamilton would either a) hit the wall and be out of race or b) be forced to make the corner, but then wouldnt be anywhere near the arse of kimi to overtake him.

so he gained a huge advantage by cutting the corner, regardless of letting kimi back past

steo800

Member +
im sorry but that isnt something i agree with, they are very strict towards mclaren.

how can you explain the spy row last year, when mclaren got that huge fine and stripped all there points, and then renault did the same later in the year and only got a fine? how is that justice or fairness?

any oppertunity to fuck mclaren and they take it

in 2007 mclaren had a massive technical document of ferraris and it was proven(and monitored the following season) they used information from this to make their own car better.

and its not any oppurtunity to fuck mclaren, it just seems that mclaren are breaking the rules more often.

and above on the chicance incident form the belgium grand prix, hamilton done it twice last season, but got away with it the other time, think it was the monza gp first chicane.

its not a case of mclaren being picked on, they are breaking the rules and the fia are pulling them up on it.

its a pity about all these appeals and dsq's etc. but if people are not going too play by the rules and regs, then it has to be done this way

Thing there was that all the teams spy on each other and steal data all the time, it's just something everyone accepts happens and doesn't bother to deal with. Then one day the fiaa suddenly get all heavy with McLaren and punish them massively. It's like doing Al Capone for tax evasion - just an excuse to punish someone you don't like...

GTti

Member +
Couldn't disagree more with what you've said steo800.

Hamilton has been disqualified because McLaren were scared to get penalized, so let Trulli pass when infact Hamilton's pass during the yellow flag was legitimate.
If McLaren did not give the position back (But did due to their complete paranoia) then there would have been no issues.

This certainly does not warrent a DQ. The FIA suggested this was foul play when infact McLaren tried to ask the stewards during the race but were not responded to. Also the stewards have full access to team communications this year, McLaren had no need to provide an explination of their actions!

In almost all the incidents last year Hamilton was the better driver and the faster man. Dispite all the odds being against him, he still won the championship so you simply can't take that away from him.

Last edited:

GTti

Member +
Thing there was that all the teams spy on each other and steal data all the time, it's just something everyone accepts happens and doesn't bother to deal with. Then one day the fiaa suddenly get all heavy with McLaren and punish them massively. It's like doing Al Capone for tax evasion - just an excuse to punish someone you don't like...

Agree, who even cares about this. The FIA's aim is to make the cars as similar as possible.

nexia201

Member +
Agree, who even cares about this. The FIA's aim is to make the cars as similar as possible.

Oh who cares about that! thats a stupid statment if they didnt care it wouldnt have been a big issue last year and it wasnt copying a rear diffuser or front wing was it they had all the details of ferrari development which cost ferrari millions to produce and along come mclaren and take it and put it on the car and off they went winning ooh what a good car mclaren can do (with the ferrari data ) bollox

as for the desicion they took it was because hamilton should have listened to his team and not play boys games with the stewards that after he knew he overtook trulli with yellow flags was trying to blame trulli of overtaking him under yellow flags! mistake or not by trulli if you gain a position under yellow flag you have to give it back an he tried to play the wise guy with the stewards and they cought him up end of story! Its a good thing it was trulli and it wasnt a ferrari cos everyone would be saying that the stewards favour ferrari again this year ! (ohh forgot trulli is from the land of ferrari not like hamilton ) I know most of you here are from the Uk so try to stick with hamilton but rules are rules and cannot be broken by whoever it is.

GTti

Member +
Oh who cares about that! thats a stupid statment if they didnt care it wouldnt have been a big issue last year and it wasnt copying a rear diffuser or front wing was it they had all the details of ferrari development which cost ferrari millions to produce and along come mclaren and take it and put it on the car and off they went winning ooh what a good car mclaren can do (with the ferrari data ) bollox

The restrictions on aerodynamics are to allow the lesser funded teams to stand more of a chance. FIA's motive is to make the sport cheaper, greener, and closer between teams hence more competative. It doesn't take much to realize this equates to the cars being alot more similar!
As the evidence from the first race suggests, millions hasn't made a difference when you have little to invest it in. Brawn's car is largely UNTESTED and they finished 1st and 2nd.

Last season Ferrari and McLaren had massively different characteristics in wet, dry, tyre wear... this is really how I know that you have no idea what you're talking bout.

as for the desicion they took it was because hamilton should have listened to his team and not play boys games with the stewards that after he knew he overtook trulli with yellow flags was trying to blame trulli of overtaking him under yellow flags! mistake or not by trulli if you gain a position under yellow flag you have to give it back an he tried to play the wise guy with the stewards and they cought him up end of story! Its a good thing it was trulli and it wasnt a ferrari cos everyone would be saying that the stewards favour ferrari again this year ! (ohh forgot trulli is from the land of ferrari not like hamilton ) I know most of you here are from the Uk so try to stick with hamilton but rules are rules and cannot be broken by whoever it is.

Again, get the facts right!

1) HAMILTONS PASS ON TRULLI WAS LEGITIMATE DURING YELLOW FLAG
2) TRULLI'S REPASS WAS NOT

Hamilton said on the radio that he thought the pass was legitimate and he was right, the team told him to conceed the position. It was the teams fault.

Because they DID let him past again, it has been deemed foul play. Reason being is because McLaren didn't come forward with this information above with all that was going on it was missed by the stewards.
Although McLaren did talk to the stewards whilst this happened but were too busy to answer them.

steo800

Member +

yes they probably do spy in each other all the time, but the actions of nigel stepney were not authorised by ferrari. so mclaren had received masses of information about the ferrari and took and advantage from it. if i recall correctly aswell, mclaren wernt exactly setting the place on fire in winter testing for the 2007 season. it was ferrari who were quickest at most, if not all the tests.

and, like the situation now, mclaren people said they didnt have ferrari info, i.e. ron dennis, but then alonso blew the whislte and ron dennis then says he did have ferrari info. punishment was harsh as he tried to escape it

Couldn't disagree more with what you've said steo800.

Hamilton has been disqualified because McLaren were scared to get penalized, so let Trulli pass when infact Hamilton's pass during the yellow flag was legitimate.
If McLaren did not give the position back (But did due to their complete paranoia) then there would have been no issues.

This certainly does not warrent a DQ. The FIA suggested this was foul play when infact McLaren tried to ask the stewards during the race but were not responded to. Also the stewards have full access to team communications this year, McLaren had no need to provide an explination of their actions!

In almost all the incidents last year Hamilton was the better driver and the faster man. Dispite all the odds being against him, he still won the championship so you simply can't take that away from him.

thats fair enough that you disagree.

but that is mclarens side of the story. heres what trulli had to say
"When the safety car came out towards the end of the race Lewis passed me but soon after he suddenly slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road. I thought he had a problem so I overtook him as there was nothing else I could do"

so lewis tries to do the good thing, fair enough, but forces trulli to overtake him under yellows(entrapment if there were bad intentions), but the problem the fia have(from what i can gather) is that mclaren gave information to stewards after the race that didnt reflect the information that was given over the radio. more lies.

will be interesting to see what is said over the weekend, lets hope the bbc isnt as biased as utv was

The restrictions on aerodynamics are to allow the lesser funded teams to stand more of a chance. FIA's motive is to make the sport cheaper, greener, and closer between teams hence more competative. It doesn't take much to realize this equates to the cars being alot more similar!
As the evidence from the first race suggests, millions hasn't made a difference when you have little to invest it in. Brawn's car is largely UNTESTED and they finished 1st and 2nd.

Last season Ferrari and McLaren had massively different characteristics in wet, dry, tyre wear... this is really how I know that you have no idea what you're talking bout.

Again, get the facts right!

1) HAMILTONS PASS ON TRULLI WAS LEGITIMATE DURING YELLOW FLAG
2) TRULLI'S REPASS WAS NOT

Hamilton said on the radio that he thought the pass was legitimate and he was right, the team told him to conceed the position. It was the teams fault.

Because they DID let him past again, it has been deemed foul play. Reason being is because McLaren didn't come forward with this information above with all that was going on it was missed by the stewards.
Although McLaren did talk to the stewards whilst this happened but were too busy to answer them.

brawn's car is untested, but is highly developed, one of the most developed on the grid. development that had honda backing. and toyota were also at the front, and toyota are one of the higest funded teams in f1.

as i said before, penaltys and such are not taken as a light decisions. the fia have seen info we might not, and have acted on it.

head of fia max mosely UK
head of f1 bernie ecclstone UK
race director charlie whiting UK
mclaren UK
hamilton UK

if there was unfair treatment of mclaren, wouldnt be very patriotic would it?

rb69

Member +
Seems like a shit decision no matter what. I don't trust the stewards in their decisions at all. Ok, Hamilton passed Trulli under the yellow flag, legal move right? McLaren team aren't sure and tell Hamilton to let Trulli back passed him. He does this under the safety car which is an illegal move. The first thing that happens is Trulli gets a 25 second penalty at the end of the race. Offense spotted straight away at the end right? So how come, days later, a points stripping for Hamilton is handed out? If anyone gets stripped of race points its a pretty serious offense in the race, so how come such a serious offense (if it was) wasn't punished immediately like Trulli was?

I do support Hamilton and any other UK drivers but it isn't being biassed. What about Bourdais and Massa's incident in last years race at Fuji. Bourdais exited the pits, turned into the first corner, was on the racing line when Massa turned into him, yet Bourdais gets a 25 second penalty for it handing Massa points.

The stewards make way too many dodgy decisions that happen and quite often go in the favour of Ferrari. It's pretty obvious to see and if this many people interested in F1 have noticed it, I can't see how it is a biased opinion.

Seems like a shit decision no matter what. I don't trust the stewards in their decisions at all. Ok, Hamilton passed Trulli under the yellow flag, legal move right? McLaren team aren't sure and tell Hamilton to let Trulli back passed him. He does this under the safety car which is an illegal move. The first thing that happens is Trulli gets a 25 second penalty at the end of the race. Offense spotted straight away at the end right? So how come, days later, a points stripping for Hamilton is handed out? If anyone gets stripped of race points its a pretty serious offense in the race, so how come such a serious offense (if it was) wasn't punished immediately like Trulli was?

I do support Hamilton and any other UK drivers but it isn't being biassed. What about Bourdais and Massa's incident in last years race at Fuji. Bourdais exited the pits, turned into the first corner, was on the racing line when Massa turned into him, yet Bourdais gets a 25 second penalty for it handing Massa points.

The stewards make way too many dodgy decisions that happen and quite often go in the favour of Ferrari. It's pretty obvious to see and if this many people interested in F1 have noticed it, I can't see how it is a biased opinion.

It was'nt punishied immediately because McLaren never said anything about it to the stewards and they did'nt know about. The stewards probably found out from source later on rather than McLaren telling them. McLaren kept there lips sealed over the incident and now they are being punished for it.

Derek

Lifer
Its just because its lewis hamilton everyone gets so wound up. if it was kimi raikkonen i don't think we would be seeing this thread.imo.