This Site should be better

D3N0

Member +
Since the sites transformation to the new version, alot of features are missing or not working properly. it has been awhile, so now i want to know is this the end product? what is happening behind the scenes?

i find the following annoying/not working:

The colour theme - i think you shouldn't have strayed far from the original colour theme. the site looks too different, there are simply things that can make things better. it almost looks like a gothic type forum with car pic inside it. i currently switch to the default theme, just to bare it.

Notifications - Its a good idea, but doesn't work all the time. mine currently doesn't work again, and just goes to an unavailable server screen.

My Garage - i was looking at inputing some updates recently that i had done, but where has the garage navigator gone which was so useful.

etc...
i could go on...

its not all bad though, there has been feature that have made this better. but people wouldn't look at the good, your only gonna get negative replies. personally i think we as site end users should have been given options as to where the site goes as paid members (a poll on different upgrades) or just general site ideas.

Last edited:

pig666eon

Member +
well i have brought up the issue with the server screen and now recently have been getting a database error now and then. it stays for ages and goes by itself so its something wrong there big time

as for the rest man its still in the works i would say. gv1.3 did say it would take a few months to get the basics done and then would focus then on the niggly bits. im sure all the above you have stated will be sorted in due coarse. im sure suggestions will be high on the list when its nearly ready

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Where it says beside "Whats New" is a "Garage" section ... Just click to sort by Alphabetically and bingo.

D3N0

Member +
Where it says beside "Whats New" is a "Garage" section ... Just click to sort by Alphabetically and bingo.

errrr, im not stupid Iain (safe that for newbies).

I am refering to the garage navigator which was a feature within a persons my garage profile, that allowed you to select which page you wanted to view with given titles of that page. My garage has 17 pages, at current you can only go to each page by selecting the next button at the bottom rather than the norm. i also highlight that this is will only appear for those with lots media material within their "My Garage" that has used it properly by divising it into pages and head titles.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
My Garage - i was looking at inputing some updates recently that i had done, but where has the garage navigator gone which was so useful.

If you have explained what you did in your reply then maybe i wouldve understood better as it was very vague.

Also in my reply i didnt state you where stupid, i did not find or notice the Garage Navigator at the top until i wanted to check my own garage. Ill refrain from helping in the future.

D3N0

Member +
If you have explained what you did in your reply then maybe i wouldve understood better as it was very vague.

Also in my reply i didnt state you where stupid, i did not find or notice the Garage Navigator at the top until i wanted to check my own garage. Ill refrain from helping in the future.

My apologies Iain, didnt mean it like that; sometimes writing it text can be misleading.
I'm at work at the moment, and wrote that after sending an agressive ass covering email. ;)

But you get my initial point though mate, the Garage Navigator is missing; i'd like it back thanks.

sanchez

Member +
You have a point Deno mate, but you do get used to the new site layout/colours etc and i can now cope with all the changes lol

But yeah i did notice the navigation box at the top of the members garage pages were gone which is annoying because if you have alot of pages, like yourself it becomes annoying having to go through each page to see updates

D3N0

Member +
Also another suggestion...

Paid Members, we should have more benefits than there is at the moment.

For instance the wanted section, at the moment anyone who is not a mod, has to get there post viewed by a mod before it is able to be viewed by any viewer. why dont you allow paid members to post there when ever they want to without the need for a mod to sign it valid.

Make it that any paid member with (X)amount of rep and (Y)amount of posts is elegible to post in the wanted section without it being signed off by a mod. why should all have to suffer for a few dumbass newbies, that have no forum experience.

At the end of the day, we are here to help also.

Last edited:

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
As always lads all feedback good and bad is greatly appreciated, We wouldn't be where we are now without listening to your feedback in the past, so be assured what you are saying will be taken on board . Some of the current features and future features will require a bit of tweaking to get to work 100%, this takes time but it is being worked on at the moment and you will be the first to know/notice when it has been sorted.

Frank

Iain@CRD

Lifer
My apologies Iain, didnt mean it like that; sometimes writing it text can be misleading.
I'm at work at the moment, and wrote that after sending an agressive ass covering email. ;)

But you get my initial point though mate, the Garage Navigator is missing; i'd like it back thanks.

No need to apologise mate, the way it wrote it could have been taken completely wrong from how i ment it so i can see why you replied the way you did :)